1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does it get better? ....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by malachite, Jun 22, 2011.

1. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not looking for advance more like I'm shooting it out.

So, I’ve had a few people ask me about how it actually gets better, when you’re gay and in high school and, this really made me think. I had the basic answer of High School isn’t forever and the world outside of it is huge and full awesome, accepting people. But, there is more to it then that. Because you’re an outcast, because you don’t fit in, because you’re so different you are forced to think differently then everyone else. You question, “Why was I born different?” “Why am I not accepted because I’m not like everyone else?”
    You’re brain doesn’t get lazy and you don’t fear losing people’s acceptance, because you don’t have it, and once you’re out of that tiny little world, that is High School, those petty ideals of needing to it fit in go right out the window. People want to stand out and be different from everyone else, but they’ve spent so much time trying to fit in they’ve sabotaged themselves. That is where we have the advantage we’re already different, we already stand out.
    I see these people who throw the Bible around like its law, when most haven’t even read it; but, they just accept it as true. People see something on TV and believe it without question. People who are different are a minority and its one you should be proud to be part of.

So, how does it get better? YOU get better, you become a better person.

:thumbsup:

2. ICTOAUN

ephesians 6:5-9
    5 Slaves,[a] obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, 6not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as servants[c] of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, 7rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man,

exodus 21:20-21
    20"When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.

leviticus 25:44-46
    44As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are around you. 45 You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their clans that are with you, who have been born in your land, and they may be your property. 46You may bequeath them to your sons after you to inherit as a possession forever. You may make slaves of them, but over your brothers the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another ruthlessly.

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

wow the message above me...i don't know what to say other than: :eusa_clap