1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Getting Over a Straight Guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bart93, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need help getting over my straight friend.

Any advice? It is really messing with my mental health.

2. ICTOAUN

omg im having the same problem. its exhausting.
    no words of advice. but i can tell u that ur not alone.

3. KnightAssassin

Avoid him as much as possible , try not to think about him ..... That's all i can say .. Just will take some time ... Try thinking of something you dislike everytime you think of him ? I have tried those and over time they helped my end the crush but just gonna take time

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The three things that help get over a crush are time, distance and having other things to focus on. So definitely take some time away from him, and find some other things to focus on. Hopefully, some gay guys who could actually return the affection. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Jaason

From what I've experienced, just look for someone else to crush on and the old one will gradually fade away. Traces will still remain, of course, but they won't be as important. Just shift your focus to other things and other people, then the past will be no more..!

6. sickoflimbo

I think I have this problem with some friends too. I get really close to my good friends, and then something happens, and I basically break up with them. I'm starting to think that I actually was crushing on them and was in denial. I get almost jealous, and feel awkward when they get a girlfriend, and have trouble being around them together.

I agree that you just need space. It's best to do it before something blows up, and you lose a friend.

7. theWorldisYours

I had this problem a year ago. It ended in a fight. You should definitely separate yourself for a bit, and occupy yourself with something else.

8. acd92

Oh wow, the same thing happened to me. I even asked for the guy's number and went on what I though at the time was a date, and was planning to see him again, until I found out he was straight, and that pretty much blew up in my face. Distance absolutely helps, and I know it's easier said than done but don't let it weigh down on you! As Lex said, there are plenty of guys that will return the affection that you want to give! :slight_smile: