1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I just found out that one of my "friends" has been telling people im gay behind my back and saying i came out to him....BOLLOCKS

a girl accused him of being gay cause he does art & textiles...

"me??? im not gay, if anyones gay its ty(rest of my name)"
    elenor -" (insert name)! you can't say that"
    "but he is! he even came out to me"

it hurts the most the way its said aswel ...like its a bad thing..made me completely reconsidering coming out to anyone..it really hurts...

2. ebra

aw hun, thats harsh, people are insensitive sometimes, but try not to let it bother you, be proud of who you are! dont let people who put a negitive conatation on being gay have that control over you.

so what if you are? they should just find something better to talk about. gossip isnt nice, but it doesnt look like its going anywhere

3. Ty

Ty Guest

just came out to elenor as Bi......i actually can't believe i just did that......do i regret it? i dont know? im like deep breathing and red in the face...oh my

4. ebra

aww hun, you gotta learn to accept yourself, your far too hard on yourself. it gets easier every time you come out. how did she take it? Dont regret it, unless you would have rather came out as fully gay?

5. Ty

Ty Guest

she said she doesnt think any different of me, and she has other bi friends, infact someone came out to her a week ago.

Im like red in the face......

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If you can, just ignore it and don't let it get to you. Within a couple of weeks people will be gossiping about someone else.

Some people may ask you whether it's true or not. You might want to think about how you'll answer that, but try to be consistent with the answers you give different people. Bear in mind that if you decline to answer (by saying "that's none of your business", f*** off" or whatever) people will interpret that as having something to hide and assume the rumours are true. It could be a good time to say, "yes, I'm gay, so what" but I guess you're not ready for that yet.

7. ebra

see so its not so bad. lol take some deep breaths and just relax. you did good

8. SpikySpice

Yeah, as long as your friends are still your friends, and you see, your friend dosnet even like that guy. And do what Paul said, when theer are rumors around school, some poepel just want to talk to the ones who are being talking about before they want to believe that rumors are true

9. Ryesright

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're pretty young. Before I came out myself, I have had a few of my friends come out to me at school, and I know that I and the rest of my friends we're all really good about keeping it secret. We weren't even speaking about it to each other. However, when I was in high school, the idea of people keeping someone's homosexuality a secret was ridiculous. We were young, immature and gossips, and a juicy bit of gossip like that was just too easy to let slip. But now, I definitely think people are more sensitive and understanding that coming out is a really special thing, and meant to be experienced by the individual coming out and whomever they wish to tell.

So at some level I just want to say that you should probably be careful about who you talk to if you truly want to be in control of who you tell your sexuality to. At the very least, make sure your friends or whomever you speak to are completely aware that it's something you want them to keep secret, if that is what you desire.

10. Tom

Tom Guest

once agen congrats Ty =] (about the coming out, not having a twit as a friend)

anyways whats with this gay unfortunately business in ur personal details?? if you think like tht then every1 u tell will think like tht aswell wich will make it even harder for u =[

11. donnie5

i'd say stick with your boyfriend considering the other guy is gay i think your chances are better

12. Louise

Paul's advice is very good.

You might also want to go and see this 'friend' and either ask him what he is doing... who the hell does he think he is, this is your private life he is talking about, the accent being on PRIVATE or, turn it round on him and ask him why he is trying to turn the attention away from himself.

I can understand your embarassement, your sexuality is extremely private and intimate, having everyone chatting about you like they are talking about the weather is extremely upsetting. Just hang on to the idea that not all of your friends are complete a**holes like this guy!

As the rumour goes round answer honestly, if you can of course, and that will let you see who are your true friends and who are the a**holes of this world. (*hug*)