1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i almost told my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dumbblondedoe, Jun 24, 2011.

1. dumbblondedoe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well this afternoon i went down to my moms with full intention of telling her about me n my soon to be wife. I keep tellin myself time is running out we are shootin for getting a civil union next month. Well everytime i look at her its like i just freeze. I never had supportive parents. I LITERALLY was not allowed to cry when i was a kid. I dont even remember the last time my parents gave me a hug or for that matter even gave me a peace of advice. I was raised with the suck it up and get over it theory. Yeah it gets to me i mean i havent cried in like 2 years. But i keep trying to psych myself up to tell he rand then everytime i look at her its like my brain says nope this aint happenin. Ugh idn what to do im so frustrated. My wife dont even want to go down there bc she cant be herself. My gurl is really open about her sexuality and it bugs her that im not. The problem is I am an extremely outspoaken person, like hardcore but for some reason I can not just tell my mom about this. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. Lotty

How about you call her up and say something like: 'Hi mom, can I come over anytime soon, cause I need to tell you something.' Then you can't chicken out anymore, because you already said that you wanted to tell her something, and she'll be curious. I did the same with my friends, they kept pushing me to tell them what was wrong. It's much easier that way, believe me. Cause she'll also know it's not something small, because you can't tell her over the phone.
    Good luck (*hug*)