1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So infatuated I'm depressed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IsItSo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    The guy I like is, as far as I know, straight. He has a girlfriend, but their relationship appears strained, at least to me. But anyhow, I've insane for this guy. I can't recall ever having felt so attracted to a guy. He's hilarious, gorgeous, spontaneous, outgoing, everything I could ever hope for. He treats everyone so well, and he doesn't appear to try to impress anybody but himself. The only thing about him I dislike is that he smokes weed. He's totally out of my league.

We met in English class at the beginning of the semester. I'm a class clown, and we built off of and laughed at each other's jokes, even when we had no audience. We tease each other, and his teasing extended beyond just being verbal to being physical as well - punching me, pinching my nipple, caressing my knee when I wore jeans with a hole in them. We only got together outside of school only once, and it was brief and spontaneous. He ran into me on the street, and we ended up running together to his house. We had joked about cutting my hair some other time, and I let him do it. He's the only guy who I've ever let see me shirtless. I cover up even in front of my own family.

He's a senior, so I won't see him next year. School only let out a week ago, but I miss him terribly. I literally pine over him. I keep a journal/diary/whatever and I always end up devoting at least half a page to him, every time I write. I think about him and I almost want to cry, I miss him so much. I can't contact him either - he deactivated his Facebook and I don't have his number.

Even if, by some fortunate twist of fate, he did like me in return, I wouldn't even feel worthy of his affection. He's just plain perfect, and I'm not. He has lots of friends, and I'm lonely. I feel ashamed of how I feel, like a creep. He deserves so much better than the affection of someone like me.

Yeah, so I don't really know what "advice" I want. I kind of just wanted to tell someone about it all.

2. Danny19

Ok well its okay that you like him, its normal. However, dont ever ever feel like your worthless or like you are not good enough for anyone. in my opinion this is a big mistake you can make. No i would never give a guy the satisfaction that they are too good for me. Hell no thats me, i would hate that. I think that space is a good thing to forget someone. You will get over them, just give it time. and if he likes you back do not tell him you are not good enough for him cuz that will just make him feel too good. dont ever tell anyone that..ever. and not only will you make their self-esteem go up, but you will bring yours down. and thats just not right..okay? so stop be happy and feel like you sir are worth a lot. thats the mentality to have.

3. MoDude66

MoDude66 Guest

No one will Love you until You love yourself.
    Seems like an easy fix, but it is not.IMHO, You need to Figure out why you need anyone's else's approval before acting on your own life?

And BTW, this statement made me sad.. You deserve better than that no matter who you are...

"Even if, by some fortunate twist of fate, he did like me in return, I wouldn't even feel worthy of his affection"

4. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The fact is, he is straight so you have to get over him. I am in the same position with one of my friends who I speak to quite frequently. You are lucky that you never have to see the person you are infatuated with again because the more distance the easier it will be to get over him. Try and meet other people and just enjoy life.

I am moving onto college in the fall where I am planning to come out as bisexual for the first time. I hope to meet new guys/girls and I will eventually forget about the person I am infatuated with.

Give it time, and it will pass.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, he IS out of your league. Not because he's hot and witty and whatever else, but because he's (ostensibly) straight. And that's the only fence that can really separate you and a potential boyfriend. Otherwise, NOBODY is out of your league. That doesn't mean everybody will date you, but the potential is at least there.

About this guy. First off, I think you CAN still contact him. You know where he lives. Can you go over there and see him in person? If so, go do so. If he's not there, leave a note with your cell number. I won't give any more advice down this road until I know you're back in contact. :slight_smile:

As for the rest of it? You've now got a "him-shaped void" in your life. It won't fill itself. Go fill it. Stay busy, stay social. Get to know some more people. Interact with the ones you already know more. Eventually, the pain will start subsiding. :slight_smile:

Lex