1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you familar with facebook....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gayinva, Nov 14, 2007.

1. gayinva

If a person doesn't put anything for "interested in" on their facebook, is that a hint they might me gay? I have done the same on mine, I just have that I'm male and single.

2. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I don't think so...
    There's a couple of str8 guys and girls that don't put it.

3. Grof142007

Some People Leave it blank cause they dont want ppl to hassle them about a realtion ship

4. donnie5

i left it out on mine as a hint

5. hello2

Maybe it's more likely to be a hint if they have everything else filled out but not that category. Mine isn't filled out but I never really thought of it as a hint.

6. InaRut

Damn! Why didn't I think of that
    Mine still says I like women >_>

7. Rette

I've been saying that for months! I've left mine blank, another gay guy I know has his blank, and a guy that hasn't said anything, but I'm fairly sure is gay, has his blank! I take it as a clue.

8. LNahid2000

LNahid2000 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd take it as a clue, but also look for other things in his profile. The "interested in" section is blank on my profile, and then in the favorite TV shows section, I put one of my TV shows as The View. How many straight guys watch The View?

9. Zec24

Yeah, I thought it might seem like a clue. Especially if the person puts "single" and then nothing in the "interested in" section. Why would you advertise that you are single if you are not interested in anyone? That seems strange to me, of course, that's what I did it so my opinion may be a little biased. I guess when I did it I figured people could come to their own conclusions about it.

I think that we are giving people a little more credit than they deserve thinking that they actually notice this stuff, these little subtle hints. Unless they are interested in you, I don't think most people would think twice about this.

10. dhutchid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yh pretty much, mine is like that. I'm suprised i dont get people asking or commenting about it considering a bout a hundred people can see it.

11. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do it on mine, but nobody has ever picked up on it. :slight_smile:

12. gayinva

On mine I still have myself listed as single, just without the interested in women part. The guy I'm interested in has the same.

13. domus

domus Guest

I have been using that as a way of telling as well! It is a pretty good indicator I think because all the guys I have suspected of being gay (including the one I am interested in) have the interested in column blank.
    I put them into two major categories. Gay guy who is either out or doesn't really care if you find out and the gay guy who is a little more sensitive to it. The first type fills out everything but the interested in and the second fills out some random ones but not the interested in (so that no one can really point and say "Look you filled out EVERYTHING but your orientation!")

14. emerald

I generally consider that if someone doesn't post it on facebook (or myspace for that matter), then there's a good chance that they're gay. My friend from the UAE, who doesn't want anyone knowing they're gay, says he likes women, because otherwise people asked if he was. So if you leave it blank, it's something people will assume.

15. Ty

Ty Guest

Possibly, depends who the person is.
    If you already have suspicions that they are gay, then the chances are quite high ^_^

16. sdc91

I left it blank on my Facebook, but I left most of the other fields, blank, too. I just have my network, gender, birthday, and hometown showing.

When I see someone with a lot of fields filled in but "Interested In" left blank, I kind of assume that he's gay.

17. SadConfusedBandGeek

Ya i have mine blank, but dont automatically assume they are gay IF they have a lot of other things not filled out, but if they have everything but that, then ya...