1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friends....lots of them....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justcallmejoey, Nov 15, 2007.

1. justcallmejoey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Basically I at least want to let my friends know that I really don't fit in to this female body I was stuck in. But I live in a town with a lot of homophobics. Yet a couple of my friend are gay/bi so not worried about them. I do have A LOT of straight friends that accepted my "lesbianism" but it took them a while. I want to tell them but don't know if I should...

:bang:

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you aren't sure then it is probably best waiting. It isn't something you want to regret doing, and the fact you have doubts gives me some idea you may not be ready to tell others just yet.

Do you have to tell all your friends? Why not just tell the ones who are closest to you or the ones you think will understand/accept it? :slight_smile:

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

I moved this to Support/Advice as I think it would be a better fit for the overall tenor of the thread.

4. justcallmejoey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I want to tell them. I think I should. I just don't really know how to do it with out other people hearing or finding out. My girlfriend knows and so do some of her friends and I am actually more comfortable with them than I am my own friends. My friends also tell me everything...so why shouldn't I be able to tell them everything? They say I'm a guy anyway...I'm just so confused.