1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused/frusturated!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whatmi, Jun 28, 2011.

1. whatmi

Fuck I have no idea what my sexuality is. I've been agonizing over this for weeks. I already posted once. http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/47765-confused-need-help.html

Sometimes I think I'm gay as can be. Other times I think I'm straight as can be. I feel like I'm trapped in the middle, and I don't know how to love. I feel like I'm having a nervous break-down. I've been feeling suicidal. I lost my job, broke up with my girlfriend and had to quit school. My car broke down. I'm an alcoholic.

I've made every bad decision can be made, I feel like crying all day.:help::help::help:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you've lost your job, you're drinking to excess, and you're suicidal and/or you're heavily depressed, then your sexuality is about the least of your problems. Be you gay, straight, or bi...you'd be a gay or straight or bi guy with no job, alcohol problems and suicidal thoughts.

If you haven't seen a doctor yet to see if you're suffering from clinical depression, that'd definitely be my first suggestion.

Lex

3. whatmi

I've been banking on the idea that my depression and alcoholism was because I was gay. Like maybe coming out would solve my problems. That ain't gonna happen. I wish there was some place I could go to start completely over.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I've been banking on the idea that my depression and alcoholism was because I was gay. Like maybe coming out would solve my problems. That ain't gonna happen

Nope. We ARE called "gay", as in happy, for a reason, but it's not like we don't have problems.

>>>I wish there was some place I could go to start completely over.

Again, I'd suggest the doctor as the first step. I've been through two bouts of depression, and that was the right first step each time.

Lex

5. suninthesky

Maybe you could pick a day, and start making better decisions on the alcohol and job stuff that day. Maybe decide not to drink for a week or decide to hand out resumes that day.

Or, you pick something each day to work on. For me, its vitamins or homework or something. Like, I know I can't remember to do everything right everyday, but I can choose one thing and be sure to do it right that day, and choose something else the next. Things might be less overwhelming that way.

Those would take a away a couple problems and make it easier to work on the other ones.

6. LemonCake

I agree with sun in the sky. You've got a lot to work on, and you should take it one day at a time. You might need to seek counseling. It helps a lot of people.