1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure things out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by naruto225, Jul 1, 2011.

1. naruto225

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm sure that I'm bi. But I don't want to come out until I know for sure. But I don't know how to be sure with out coming out. Can someone Help? I'm really not sure what to do.

#1 naruto225, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well you're 100% positive that you're bi?

Do you look at boys more than girls or girls more than guys? or are they both equal?

The first step to coming out is figuring yourself out. Then just tell someone what you've discovered. Someone you know who will be supportive of you. The more people you tell, the better you'll feel and the easier it will get!

3. naruto225

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I'm not 100% it's more like 70% positive.
    and I look at both boys and girls about the same.

4. ihkcs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    you can try to figure it out with out coming out... sounds like you've already done a lot of self reflection to discover that you are equally attracted to males and females. I would say that this is telling of being bi or bi-curious. it is definitely possible to discover that you are gay or bi with out actually being involved sexually or emotionally with some one of the same sex.
    i would just say to sit down and really examine your thoughts and what you fantasize about and be honest with yourself... then go from there!

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

First of, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

It seems like you just started accepting yourself so I would say to keep doing that and not worry about coming out just yet. Give yourself time to be okay with this "new" identity that you are exploring and see what happens. Like the person above said, you can definitely figure yourself out, or at least get the big picture of your sexuality, without experimenting or coming out to anyone.

Now, if you truly feel that you need to tell someone then you can always come out as "not straight" or "I also like guys." That way you can change the way you describe it as little or as much as you want as time goes by :slight_smile:

Also, if you haven't done so already, check out the Kinsey scale. Its a tool that you can use to figure out where you stand with your sexuality and understand just how fluid it can be. Its not supposed to solve your problems for you, but it is helpful for a lot of people.

6. IanGallagher

Then you're bi. :thumbsup:

Straight guys don't need to have sex to know they're straight. Gay guys don't need to have sex to know they're gay. Bi guys, same thing, we don't need to have sex with either to know we're bi. Never understood the whole bicurious thing - to me that's just "on the fence" about being somewhat bisexual.

Ex, just going to the movies I have same reaction to seeing these two:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will say, though, coming out has seriously helped me accept this side of who I am. It takes away the guilt of feeling you have to hide something about yourself.

#6 IanGallagher, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011