1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did my friends like me for real or as a joke?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Jul 3, 2011.

1. don29002

Heres things my friend Dean used to do that made me wonder if he liked me:

--Stares at me whilst I'm not looking at him
    --Is constantly talking to me in my history class; he sits 2 seats across from me
    --If he or one of his friends does/says something sexual I'd say "Thats cool" and he'd say "Oh Donald you like that?"
    --We've stared in each others eyes a few times
    --When we'd stare in each others eyes--it happened again in history class--example: Dean would always be drumming on the desk and staring at me at the same time. lol

Because of these signs I told him on Facebook that I have feelings for him (and I still do) and by the next day a girl in my science class named Meagan knew and told my friends. They accepted me and told me not to ask out anyone in my high school because most are in the closet and are gonna break my heart anyway.

Now this next part happens the day after my friends found out:

I have a good friend named James who's in my music class. And a friend of mine wasn't in class today so i sat in his seat so i could talk to James. But he has a friend named Jovon, who's a trash talker.
    On May 16, I came out as bi when I told my friend Dean I have feelings for him over Facebook; he's insecure but likes me (I've seen the signs) so he obviously told everyone.
    So since I didn't know Jovon until now, James introduced me to him. Here's the conversation we all had:

James: "Donald this is Jovon. Jovon -- Donald."
    Me: "Hi."
    Jovon: "No comment."
    Me, turning around: "Ok..."

And also we had a test that day, and before--and during--the test I heard James and Jovon talking about me. James is nice to me, so i thought he wouldn't talk about me and he's just fitting in and agreeing because Jovon is his friend and popular. He knows that I'm bi--I told my friends first, one of which was Dean--and he was saying "I oughta tell everybody in school" and just being so intolerant.

A few days ago--June 27--James sends me a message saying "hey i know things didnt work out with dean but maybe me nd u should try it out :wink:" but I replied with "that's great. i'd love to try things out with you ♥
    one question though: in music why did u let jovon talk shit about me? remember the day when we had a music test (not finals) and then i sat next to simar. [my friend]
    remember?"
    But James hasn't replied back.
    So since he hasn't replied--and i sent him a message saying please reply and still hasn't replied--does he like me for real or as a joke?

Me, James and Dean are all sophomores now :grin: :lol:

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kids can be cruel and do anything to fit in.
    The situation sounds odd. You shouldn't assume things about people. Are you sure he's even gay or bi?
    Dean might not be into you. If he was looking at you and drumming at the same time, it's probably because you're friends and he is just fooling around. I wouldn't read that far into it. With James, maybe he is nice to you, but Jovon is his friend and he has to look cool in front of his friends, i'm guessing. So how do you think his friend would take him dating a guy if he wouldn't even say hi to you?

Just because someone is nice to you, doesn't mean they like you. You should talk to James more and make sure that he's not just trying to make an ass out of you or something... Don't start thinking that you should date any of these guys. If something develops with one of them, then maybe it'll go further, but it's best not to think of it in that way to begin with, especially if you don't know their sexual orientation.

3. don29002

Exactly. Dean was joking--he's in my Geometry class now and I see him daily--and James was looking cool in front of his friends--he's in my Chemistry class and I see him daily also.