1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptance, I think I'm bi?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mentoaddict, Jul 3, 2011.

1. mentoaddict

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I may be bi and I really don't know how to go about it! My brother has always called me lesbian and teased me because I've gone to an all girls school for 3 years. And I always deny it as I think its really inappropriate referring to me as the ginger lesbian to try and look cool in front of his friends! (i'm not ginger or a lesbian, not that I have anything against them). He's 14 and I'm 16 and I'm beginning to think that I may be bi, I find attractive girls and guys equally hot and I'd be happy to have a relationship with either gender. But how do I determine whether I am bi, or could I just be bicurious and I have no idea whether I should come out as I have once had a very awkward conversation about my friend being gay and all my family were all like I feel so sorry for him as being gay is not right and how they don't feel comfortable around gay people, I hadn't even thought about liking another female at this point, but even so now it makes me think if I did come out and turn out to be bi would they all ridicule me and I have no idea how I'd handle my brothers constant abuse. I know that if I was sure it probably wouldn't hurt me but I'm not sure what I should do? Should I tell my friends, I know they'd be accepting or should I wait until I'm sure? I'm just a bit conflicted and confused

2. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

sometimes, it takes a while to figure this kind of thing out. i suggest, that before you tell anyone, that you sit with the thought for a little while, think about it, and digest it. it's strange at first, when you think you like the other gender, and it takes a while to get used to. let it become natural to you, so that YOU are ok and comfortable with it. you could try to date a girl, to see how you'd like it, but it's important to not be in a hurry to put a label on it, because labels aren't the most important thing. so in conclusion, i suggest that you keep it to yourself for now to think about it, and express yourself here. it's ok to be confused, bi, or whatever on this site, no one will judge you, and we're all pretty friendly. :slight_smile: if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. i wish you luck!

3. fallendream

In life you can survive with pleasing only one person - and that's you. Make sure whatever you do it's definitely something that will make you happier long term. If you truly believe you can't cope with telling them just yet, then wait awhile - you've got a long time ahead of you, and it won't come any faster by going into a bad situation :slight_smile: