1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slight Intimidation of Sex

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Just Passing, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Just Passing

Granted, I'm a virgin and haven't had a single boyfriend in my lifetime, so perhaps it's too early to judge, but I'm afraid of sex, however it's not all sex. When I think of my ideal sex, it would consist of being intimate with who I was with, making out and just generally having a good time.

When I began to learn about the more "interesting" ideas of it, I began to feel slightly intimidated by it. Not on a phobia level or anything and I would certainly like to do it when the time eventually comes, but there's just parts of it I'm a little unsure of.

Am I just being naive or is the lack of knowledge on the more complex levels of sex the reason for my slight disposition?

#1 Just Passing, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. Mogget

Hmm, hard to say based on what you've given us. What exactly are you afraid of?

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think when you're with someone you really like, it should be as you described your ideal sex situation. It should be relaxed, rewarding and enjoyable for both of you.

What do you mean by "interesting" ideas of sex? Do you mean fetish or kink types of sexual activities?

4. Just Passing

Thanks for responding guys. :slight_smile:

I don't know, it's just certain practices like oral sex, sucking another guy's dick, top and bottom and anything more involving than just kissing and humping, if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if I'm putting it right, but yeah. It's probably embarrassing and rather stupid for me to admit this, but it's been bugging me. :astonished:

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think lots of people are intimidated by it especially when they have never experienced it before. Whether they would admit it is a different story. The thing is not all the images and depictions of sex we see and hear about are true, or certainly not the norm. I think the fact you dont find your ideal thought of sex scary means that when it comes to it you will be find, you should just take it slow and steady.

6. Just Passing

This sounds about right to me. As I thought, perhaps my lack of knowledge and no experience contributes to this.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

7. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

agh, i know what you mean- the female version of that anyway lol

8. Just Passing

I'm curious now... :evil:

Please do tell. :slight_smile:

9. Mogget

The first few times you have sex, it probably won't involve more than kissing, humping, and maybe mutual masturbation. And if you aren't comfortable with it going further, it doesn't have to.

#9 Mogget, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  10. Just Passing

Well that's good, thank you. :slight_smile:

Maybe with experience, I'll be able to open up to the other sides of sex. Thanks again. :slight_smile: