1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get annoyed/hurt by the slightest things....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

This happens a few times a week... sometimes even slight comments that proberly weren't even meant to be rude (in the EC and in real life) i take very offensively, and i know its silly, but it gets me down =/ what's wrong with me?

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you're very young, so hormones could make up for quite a bit of it.
    I think this may also be causing this. If you're unhappy with how you are then it will show in many different ways, in your case it is becoming annoyed/upset easily.

There is nothing wrong with you though. The majority of people will have a similar behaviour when they are unhappy with a situation or themselves. I'm not sure what exactly you're unhappy with, but i'm assuming you are self conscious about being gay? If so, then it's something you will get used to as you grow older. That isn't a "you're too young to understand" comment. We just learn to understand things the longer we have to think about it, and we then grow to accept it.

I may be completely wrong. Although I'd put a fair bet that your (apparent) insecurity about your sexuality is what is causing these emotional feelings.

That's just my take on it. :slight_smile:

#2 Martin, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  3. SpikySpice

It's a normal stage of being a teenage, Ty, at this time your brain is developing plus your emotions and feelings so they are really sensitive, plus you can be a sensitive person.
    It dose atucally happens to me alot, on here, other places an d real life.

What you do is just dont take things too serious, Im a serious person and i know it's not good sometimes.I laugh easy, cry easy, angry easy, scared easy, but I think it will chnage once I grow older and so do you:slight_smile:

4. Ty

Ty Guest

*sigh*

Its bloody annoying =/ i hope i don't just snap at someone one day, cause im getting really wound up.....

5. TriBi

Martini might have a point - but it does also sound like you could possibly be borderline depressive.

I have to say (recognising that I am NOT a medical professional - but I HAVE had a brush with this myself) that how you feel about yourself and your sexuality could very well be a significant factor.

If you are unhappy with who/where/how you are - it can often be the case that you easily take offence/assign meanings that weren't meant/let molehills become mountains etc.

If you are not happy with yourself - well - you aren't too likely to be happy with the world around you and how (you feel) it perceives you either.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

I am happy too sometimes, but get hurt easily...if someone says something to me, like you said, i make mountains out of molehills...but i don't say anything to the person, i just curse them in my head over and over again...i hold grudges over nothing unfortunatly.

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may be a good idea going to see your doctor then. :slight_smile:

There is not really much we can do I'm afraid. All the things we can (and will) tell you are probably things you have either heard before or you have thought of yourself, possibly both. We can be here for when you want to vent, but that's all really. :frowning2:

Hope you feel better soon. (*hug*)

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Blah no, i don't need a doctor. I'll get over it soon enough. I just wanted to throw a tiny bit of myself out there.

Thanks anyways though.

9. SpikySpice

Ty, things you said/did just teh thinsg I said/did, cursing at people in my head if they make me madXD even tho it's is not their fault =Oit's horrible X.x

That could be because we are hot temperture guys? I just wana take a chill pill u.u

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Haha maybe! Hmm maybe im just too over sensitive? I shall have to work on it....Hmmmm....

11. SpikySpice

Yah me too, im not sure if sensitive is a good thing, cuz in some cases like this

Just gonna have to make a cold face :confused:

12. Ty

Ty Guest

/feeling like jumping off a bridge//