1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idk what to call this. Let's just say I have a lot on my chest

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CluelessMe, Jul 4, 2011.

1. CluelessMe

Hi,

I'm 17 about to be a junior in high school and my life is complicated ( understatement ). My mom divorced my stepdad and that was her second marriage. So she moved me And my sisters from Michigan to Arizona a few months ago. When I was in the eighth grade I wrote in my journal that I thought I was gay. My mom put me in counseling instantly. I wasn't out to myself then so there was no way I was gonna tell some stranger what was on my mind. So I convinced my mom I wasn't gay. My ninth grade year I had a semi long distance relationship with a boy that I met at camp at first it was just two guys talking all day long on the phone, texting, Facebook. I thought he was straight becuz he dated my sister but they broke up way before me and this guy were friends. So I told him I liked him and we went from there. We dated for five months then my mom found out so my mom took me back to the Christian counselor and i had to put on my straight face again to convince them I was straight. I wasnt allowed to see my friend again we still secretly talk and he still likes me but right now he's a thousand miles away. that year I came out to my best friend. I don't have very many friends because I have gone to a new school every year but I've always kept in touch with this one friend. When I told her she appeared to be very happy and accepting and she always helped me through everything. Then on Christmas eve she kissed me and I kinda freaked. One cause I didn't know she felt that way and two it messed with my head because I knew I liked boys. I ignored it for her sake but on the inside I was confused. We continued to hangout. And that summer i don't really remember what happened but we got naked and into a bed but we didn't have sex we just made out i wasn't turned on I dont even know why or how I let it get that far it just did. Every day she fell harder for me and i just wanted to be friends. She tried to kill herself. I caught her before she could. She is distancing herself from me this summer and no longer wants to be friends because I like boys. My sister is really nosy and wanted to know why i was always in some sort of trouble so she asked me one day why i don't talk to my guy friend any more then I said I wasn't allowed to. then she just said are you gay before I could answer she said she broke up with him because he was gay and because he told her he like me. Then she said you dont have to answer I Already know I've always known. I never could hide anything from her we're only a yr and a half a part and are really close. But even with her support I feel so alone . And since my mom is so religious I cannot talk to her. I went to a Christian private school and I was so alone I had no one to talk to. People judged me and I wasn't even out. no one eventried to know me. I tried playing sports and joining clubs at school and I tried being friendly but still no friends. I'm going to a new school in the fall as a junIor and I want to know how to make at least one friend before college.

2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

It would be easier to answer if you were already at school. Going into your junior, I would keep a very open mind and try to join more activities. It is always tough for the new kid. I've never been the new kid, but the ones that start out quiet seem to have the most friends. Don't take my word for that though, these are just my own observations.

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

first of all, (*hug*). it sounds like you got a lot on your mind, but your going to college soon, so that sounds like an awesome place to go to. you'll make real friends, and meet people like you. and you're not alone- is there a GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) at your school? and even if there isn't, it sounds like your sister is a great source of support. Hang in there! you're definetly not alone, especially here. :slight_smile:
    and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

4. Flying Squirrel

Hey there!
    First of all, if you stick around EC you will find that you are not alone... there are many people who are in a similar situation. Im sorry for everything thats gone wrong in the past, but its great that you sound so optimistic about next year! Like previous posts said, just join in activities that you enjoy because thats where you will find people with similar interests. Also, college is coming up in a couple of years and that will provide four solid years in one location instead of having to move around. Good luck and welcome to EC!

5. CluelessMe

Thanks for the comments they really helped:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: