1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find a guy that's not straight?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by don29002, Jul 4, 2011.

1. don29002

I'm a sophomore in high school who came out as bi near the end of freshman year. By doing so I was hoping more people would come out to me. If it was a girl, I'd have a friend who could be my support. If it was a guy I hoped maybe one thing would lead toanother--in the future.
    So far: no one has come out to me. I have straight friends--guys and girls--who are accepting OF me but it still doesn't change anything.
    In fact the first people I came out were 2 of my straight friends. I'd even thought one of them had a crush on me, but I think he was closeted. And when I told him I have feelings for him--biggest mistake of my freshman year--of course he told someone and that person was perceived as "talking s**t" about me. (A lot of people hate the girl he told because shes a gossiper)
    So before I came out I must have asked at least 5 or 6 guys if they liked me, told them I was bi/bicurious or something else. And all of them--except 1 who I never asked--said they were straight which was a big letdown for me.
    One even flirted with me; one told me "All I want for Christmas is you". Except the latter was a senior who graduated 2 weeks ago and I bet I won't see him again.
    I've posted questions here about 4 of the 6 guys I thought liked me and some said their all straight and are probably joking around; one guy said the one that flirted with me was trying to make an ass out of me.
    Figures because the guy that tried IS an ass... a dumbass.

So how can I find guys in my school who aren't straight?

2. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate to say this, but this is sortof one of the predicaments about being gay and young. When we're young, not everyone has figured themselves out yet. The dating pool is very shallow for us in our teens. Usually it's not till college that more and more people start coming out. In my highschool, no one came out until Junior year!

You're just going to have to give it some time. In the meantime, get involved with some LGBT activites outside of school and you're bound to meet other gay kids who, if nothing else, can become great friends / a great support system for you!

3. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

i feel your pain

4. Taylor's got this one.

It's just something that you'll have to deal with while you're in high school...and it sucks, but that's just how it is, I guess.

The only other thing, like Taylor said, would be to see if there are any LGBT groups or centers in your area and join up there.

Good luck :slight_smile:

5. Bart93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It takes time for people to figure out who they are, or to decide whether or not they want to expose who they TRULY are.

Unfortunately, this rarely happens in the early years of high school. Try and go beyond your own high school and try to meet guys from other school that are openly gay.

I am glad I am heading off to college this fall where I can finally have a chance at meeting some gay men, because I had none at my old high school :/.

6. Just Passing

It's been said already, but being young and gay is a bit more uncommon than when you're older and more people are comfortable with themselves sexually, sometimes because their peers were homophobic or just plain flat out twats. Believe me, I knew a lot of people I hated and they had horrible personalities, probably part of the reason I didn't properly think about my sexuality until after I had left school.

7. whatsnormal7

I have the exact same problem... I am so sick of it... i cant join any groups because my parents dont know yet

8. don29002

Me either. And I don't wanna try online dating because: 1) I'm 15 and the sites I've been on want people 18+; and 2) I'd meet someone and they'd like me and vice versa, but then the thing that pisses me off is that we'd probably never see each other again :frowning2: