1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DefineNormal, Jul 4, 2011.

1. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

I've just got to a point where I've told my best friend that I need to tell her something important, but we're talking on skype. And now I'm like 'damn, I don't know if I should have done this'. She says that I don't have to tell her, but I want to and know she'll be fine about it. Not sure why I'm being so spazzy, never thought I'd be scared to come out. Sort of thought I'd do it face to face, but now I don't know. There's never an oppertunity to talk properly... Freaking out here! :eek:

Any random thoughts or advice would be HUGELY appreciated...

(I'm talking to her now :O)

#1 DefineNormal, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2011
  2. mentoaddict

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I always find telling secrets to people easier over the likes of facebook as you don't have to physically say it out loud, maybe that's a bit due to denial, but I find it easier, I think I'm bi but haven't came out as I am not sure but I found when I told some of my closest friends about my past with bulimia typing it just seemed easier, and if they brought it up in normal face to face conversation fine, but I was much more comfortable just typing it, I almost thought that the easiest way to come out as bi would be to just change my facebook to interested in men and women, but truly when I'm not sure I don't know whether I should tell anyone! Seriously just tell her if you are sure about being bi, I mean would you want your best friend to hide a secret from you? Hope I can help!

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

maybe you should just tell her- she knows something's up now, and if you're sure that she'll accept you, than I say go for it. :slight_smile:

4. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

I'm waiting for her to get back from dinner and then I think that I will :slight_smile:
    Sorry about that everyone btw, went into freakout mode. Sorted myself out now though.
    :icon_wink

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I think you should tell her now because she knows something is up.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make the leap. You can do it. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    I felt that was necessary....
    So I just sent her the thread that I posted on here first off because it summed up all of my feelings and what not. And unsupprisingly, she's completely fine with it. Anticlimax... :wink:
    lmeao, I'm still going to be slightly awkward tomorrow though, but I it's all for the best. Haven't felt like this before, scared and extatic at the same time :grin:

8. Fiddledeedee

¡¡¡YAY!!!

I found that when I came out to my friends, most of them didn't find it awkward. One of them even made sure to stick by me for a day so I knew she was OK with it. Just keep on being comepletely normal (if that can be defined!) and they will know you have not changed. Don't act as if you expect it to be awkward, as then it might be.

Congratulations!

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's often how it goes.

"...I'm gay."
    "...and?"

Lex

10. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest