1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biphobia?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by The Dudeh, Jul 5, 2011.

1. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

I'm a little bit confused about this. It makes me want to come out even less, knowing I wouldn't be accepted by either group. I can see it from straight people, but why do some gay people have something against bisexual people?

2. TheWanderer

cause they are douches. be yourself and forget about labels.

this been posted like a zillion times already right????

3. biisme

The way I see it, when gay people and straight people don't believe bisexuality is a valid sexuality, it's because they have the same train of thought. In general, I think it is because they only have attraction for one gender (whether it is the opposite gender or same-sex), it is harder for them to understand that people may have feelings for both genders. Gay people may be more understanding in what it feels like to be discriminated against for one's sexuality, but it doesn't necessarily mean they understand what being bisexual means to a person.

I tend to take it on a person to person basis. If they ask for clarification, then I will explain to them what I feel in my heart and what I feel bisexuality is (which in my opinion is the ability to develop a relationship and feelings for someone of either gender).

4. Just Passing

With some gay people, I think they have an issue with bisexuality, because they see it as not being honest with themselves and having it easier than gays overall, when really we all go through the same issues gay or bi. It's a pretty silly phobia though.

5. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some militant gays think that Bi people are gays and lesbians who are too chicken to admit it or straight sluts who want to attract the opposite sex by making out with their own sex.

Which is obvious bullshit. People who are actually Bi are Bi, like gays are gays and straights are straights, so they need to shut the fuck up.

6. LazyApples

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In part, perhaps, it's jealousy. You are more "normal" in some people's minds and they are frustrated by it. Just like any other kind of bullying, it stems from low self esteem.

If we're talking about why people don't believe bisexuality is real, then that's beyond me. But then again, I live in a fantasy world with rainbows and sunshine.

7. Tracy Lord

Yeah, gays have a right to resent us, because we grew up normal and didn't have any issues with having to suppress our real selves in order to be accepted, not made to feel like we're going straight to hell, etc. :rolleyes

I guess gays can be just as ignint as straight people sometimes....