1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ococlim, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ococlim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Who is it the most advisable to come out to first? I've kinda been wondering cause i'm scared of coming out to someone and only for them to freak out on me and stuff would it be more advisable to come out to friends first or family?

2. ICTOAUN

who ever you feel would take it best

3. Fiddledeedee

Someone you trust, someone who will respect you, someone who won't tell, someone who will be supportive of you.

4. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

I told my best friend two days ago. She's the one who I talk about everything to. It's deffinetly less daunting telling friends first. But I agree with what everyone else has said, you need to choose someone who feels right to you.

5. Just Passing

Definitely someone you feel close to. Whether that be a parent, other relatives, best friend, anyone. :slight_smile:

6. LemonCake

I would say the person you think would be most accepting so you can have support when you tell other people.

7. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

I'd say friends - at least if they don't take it well you don't have to live with them. But if you trust your family more, tell them first.

8. ByoNexus

Personally i came out to my mother first, but its different for everybody. You need to think about who you believe will be most accepting and go from there. It might not necessarily be a family member.

Best of Luck. I hope it goes well for you: :slight_smile: