1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ElenoftheWays, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ElenoftheWays

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So basically, I'm 90% sure I am a lesbian. I like girls, that's for sure. But, sometimes I get so nervous that after I come out I am going to meet the absolute perfect man for me and then I am going to have to tell everyone, "oh wait, nevermind." I don't know if this is an irrational fear or not. I just want to be able to fall in love with who I am meant to fall in love with. But, I feel this need to tell people that I like girls because I feel like I am lying to them/hiding from them if I don't. I don't feel like I'm bi though and I don't want to come out as bi.. I definitely like girls and I can appreciate a good looking man but that's all. I don't know what to do. Is it weird to say when you are coming out, "Hey, I'm gay. I like ladies. But, if the perfect man for me comes into my life I'm going to fall in love with who I am meant to fall in love with." When I came out to my mom and sister that's kind of what I said. But, I'm not sure if that's weird or not. This is all so confusing...:icon_sad:

2. Random Dent

Random Dent Guest

I'm going through the exact thing. I have liked girls since I was 13 but ever since I came out as a lesbian I have been worrying that I might actually fall for a guy because I can still find them attractive (but I don't want to ever sleep with one).
    Bah. Confusion.

BTW. Rachel Maddow is SO CUTE. I adore her. :grin:

3. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

I am the third person in this situation! I thought I was just a weird one. I dont even find guys attractive though. I constantly look at them to see if "this one" will change it. (I went to the "hot guy" thread and nothing. Not a thing.) Plus the male anatomy, I find it repulsive. Like sick to my stomach repulsive. Yet I have this fear that one day I will find the perfect person who happens to be a man and then just live in a sexless marriage. I am only attracted to a man by their personalities I guess. I have this whole though process on this exact subject that I cant put words to exactly. My best friend and I bicker back and forth about it. She wants me to find the perfect women but I am too afraid to walk out of this closet door.

4. Fiddledeedee

I'm afraid that I will only find boys to date in school and that people will then think I must be straight and being bi was just a phase. Hello, there are many more straight/bi guys in school than gay/bi girls, so it is statistically more likely that I will go out wiht more boys.

5. ElenoftheWays

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one in this predicament. I feel exactly the same as you. I think they are cute sometimes but the idea of sleeping with them grosses me out. I guess it kind of just gets to a point where you just have to say, who cares what everyone else thinks. If I one day meet a man I don't find repulsive, I guess I'll just go for it. And, then say well I guess i'm bi or something.. I feel as if no one cares about your own sexuality as much as you do. So if you change it around it's better that you are happy than living a lie. Which would go for either coming out or changing the label. I don't know, this could be the worst idea ever. I'm just rambling now. haha I've been over thinking this wayyy too much lately.
    And, I have a big crush on Rachel Maddow. She is pretty much my dream woman haha :grin:

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I felt exactly like you do so your definately not alone, it definately gets better.