1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sort of a problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CluelessMe, Jul 7, 2011.

1. CluelessMe

Hi,

I have a friend, she is a girl, she knows I'm gay. It's never been a problem until recently when I found out she's attracted to me. At first i was like ok she knows I'm gay that's it..
    But then she starts telling me she loves me and she tries to kiss me and gets really upset when I pull away. I really like being her friend but I don't like her sudden infatuation with me. We had a sleep over like we always do and she tried to sleep with me she tried taking my clothes off and we got into a fight and I slept on the couch and went home before she got up. She had a boyfriend and he dumped her and i think shes using me because of her break up. I'm not sure. I still want to be her friend but not sure if I can. I just don't know how to deal with this situation. I need help.

2. TheWanderer

Tell her what you just told us. Let it be known that you value her FRIENDSHIP and would like to keep it platonic. I myself would even add in that if she doesn't think that can happen that you will have to end your friendship. Just be honest, straight forward, and kind.

I hope everything works out for you and your friend.

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How sure are you that she know's you're gay?
    Either way, she really shouldn't be pushing herself onto you when you have been pretty clear that you don't want anything more than friendship.
    I think you need to sit her down and have a nice talk to clear things up if you still want to be friends.

4. Just Passing

It's possible that your friend is confused. She's had a break up, values you as a friend and possibly more, her mind is probably all over the place. I would definitely ask her about these things and see if you can help her in any way. :slight_smile:

5. CluelessMe

I talked to her about it and she took it really badly she punched me in the stomach called me a fag and walked away and I'm pretty sure I lost a friend :frowning2: oh well

6. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd be blunt and tell her you simply are not into girls and that you find it awkward her trying to get into your pants (Is the expression used correctly? English is not my mother language so I wonder...)

She'll have to understand your point of view and realize how illogical the situation is. Just be sure to tell her she can still count on you for advice (If you feel comfortable with it)

Good Luck!

7. TheWanderer

sounds like your friend has some denial/ anger issues. Give her space and time. Maybe things will work out.

8. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need to talk to her and clear things up with her. She may be confused and looking for someone to rebound because of her break-up with her boyfriend. Let her know that you want to keep her as a friend, but that is all. You don't want or are interested in a romantic relationship.

9. CluelessMe

Yes that is the correct way to use the expression and I was blunt with her she is somehow convinces that I'm lying to her about being gay and she thinks coming on to me will change my mind but it's just a huge turn off

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt you've permanently lost her as a friend. She was probably angry because it took her by surprise. It often takes people time to come to terms with understanding that someone close to them is gay, particularly if, as in this case, she had romantic feelings for you.

Give it some time and I'm betting it will be fine :slight_smile: