1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I end this connection?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dare2bProud, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Dare2bProud

I recently wrote a post awhile back ago about a gay gentlemen at work who I hung out with a couple times, gave him a birthday card for his birthday, he jumped to conclusions and ever since we had friction ...

About a couple weeks ago, we stopped ignoring each other and had started casual conversation, he kept saying that we needed to get together, hang out and talk. Whenever he had free time and I had free time, he always made up excuses that he had other things going on. We never officially got to talk but we worked on casual conversation at work and after work. Things have gotten awkward again where we are having a lot of professional and personal tension. I've texted him a lot asking if we could get together, most of the time he ignored my texts and when he didn't he said he was busy. When we would see each other in person, I would ask, hey can we get together and talk and he'd give me a cold shoulder. At this point I feel this is unhealthy situation and I feel I didn't do anything to deserve this. Whatever I had done in this situation, I did apologize to him personally for, he has yet to apologize to me. It's causing a lot of unwanted stress and he has been talking about me and causing drama behind my back, whenever I confront him he denies. At this point I have forgiven him and let by gones be by gones but yet he is now giving me the cold shoulder. We anyone disagree with me if I said that I should go back to ignoring, avoiding and blocking him from my facebook and just be done with him?

2. Markio

If interactions with him cause you stress, it sounds perfectly reasonable to limit those interactions. Sometimes people don't own up to their own actions and deny responsibility, and in these cases it typically works best to just avoid those people.
    Unless they're bleeding in the street and need help or something.

3. Dare2bProud

So I had a personal conversation today, but it really went no where, he kept telling me, "It isn't you, it's me I'm awkward, I'm an awkward person to be around." Any question I asked he dodged, then I walked backstage and he was talking with some people and they all got quiet as I walked back there. Ugh. I don't know what else to do, I don't know what to do. It's so unhealthy and just stupid. I've tried everything haven't I?

4. feelindown

feelindown Guest

he is ignoring you, saying he is busy, and not wanting to talk. just leave it and him alone. be cordial if you see him and put an end to it.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This couldn't be clearer. The guy doesn't want to talk, and has made that clear a bunch of times, and you continue to pursue it by talking to him, texting him, and in general, trying to faciliate communication he's shown no interest in. What part of "I don't want to talk to you" don't you get?

Just let him go and leave him be. Regardless of who caused it, who's at fault, or whatever, it doesn't matter. Just let it go.