1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the classic big jock be gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Party Monster, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Party Monster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Couple nights ago I was out being young : P drinking and party hopping. At the 3rd house the guy who iv been crushing from a far was there. So of course I was talking to him in seconds we got along perfectly I was loving it. He doesn't know I'm gay btw. The rest of the party and night we were talking and smoking. At around 3 he desided to drive down to his cottage and insited I come. I wasn't ably to so I just got him to drop me off at home. The whole night he seemed really interested in me and his Facebook says interested in men and woman. But that could just be one of his friends joking around. Does anyone have any exp with jocks? I'm talking classic football jocks. Also I know he gets it in with girls all the time. He's also done a lot of threesomes one with my friend who is a guy.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no special rule that says that jocks cannot be gay. :slight_smile:

We have several football players (including a quarterback) here on EC. It does tend to be a little harder for team athletes to come out because high school athletics tend to be dripping with testosterone and openness to homosexuality isn't generally at the top of the list for many jocks. But it's also surprising how accepting people can be given time to digest and understand.

I'd proceed cautiously. I think it's very possible he's bi or gay, but he may not be fully open about it yet. But I do think that what you've described clearly indicates that he's at least interested in you in some way, friendship or otherwise, so why not pursue it and see where it leads?

3. Party Monster

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He looks EXACTLY like Nathan Scott from one tree hill but high school seasons obv also plays basketball so iv been drooling all school year hahahha. He drove me home drunk though : /. I felt stupid for getting in that car just to see if he liked me...