1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I can't find my thread

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by splattered, Jul 8, 2011.

1. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I posted it a few days ago and it said "officially came out" I can't find it any more but thats fine delete it whatever. But I've cried a little bit since then drank a little since then I'm pretty sure my bandmates know something and I'm really paranoid right now. Maybe I didn't really "come out" but thats no reason to delete my thread. I come here for a little support and to support others I really do. Anyways my friends that I've told say the same things that they love me and others love me and it doesn't matter if I'm gay, straight, or bi. And I'm bi. And I appreciate it I definitly do but I see that some of my friends are distancing themesleves more than they used to. I haven't seen my "best friend" in well over 3 months and I know he has kids but I can't help but think it has to do with my sexuality. I also find it hard to come out to therapists. Long story short I'm bipolar and on a lot of meds and When I ask to see a therapist its just like the same guy over and over and I just can't say it cause its like out of left feild coming from me. And its always such a masculine male. I've been asked "are you gay, straight, bisexual?" by my "pill doctor" Pychiatrist? Pyschologist? Idk the one that perscribes me pills. And I was in front of my mother about a year ago and replied "straight". In all honesty I wanted to reply with "does it matter?" maybe I'll fall in love with another man again and maybe I'll fall in love with a woman. Who knows but I do know I am bisexual and I came out to 3 or 4 of my accepting friends over the last few days and I would apreciate it if my thread doesn't get deleted.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your thread wasn't deleted. It's here in the Coming Out forum. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

you can always go to your profile and statistics and then see all threads started by you to find every thread you've ever started.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And now, on to your post...

>>>I'm pretty sure my bandmates know something and I'm really paranoid right now.

So what if they do? Then they're in a band with a gay/bi musician. That puts them in the same category as roughly 50% of all musicians. :slight_smile: Most astute musicians know that gay band members bring more girls to the shows, and they're usually cool with that effect. :slight_smile:

>>>Anyways my friends that I've told say the same things that they love me and others love me and it doesn't matter if I'm gay, straight, or bi. And I'm bi. And I appreciate it I definitly do but I see that some of my friends are distancing themesleves more than they used to. I haven't seen my "best friend" in well over 3 months and I know he has kids but I can't help but think it has to do with my sexuality.

It almost certainly doesn't. God knows all of my friends almost completely drop off the radar once they have kids. One of my best friends for decades met and married a woman with three kids recently, and instead of seeing him twice a week, I now see him about once every two months if that. Kids have priority - that's the rule. :slight_smile:

>>>I also find it hard to come out to therapists. Long story short I'm bipolar and on a lot of meds and When I ask to see a therapist its just like the same guy over and over and I just can't say it cause its like out of left feild coming from me. And its always such a masculine male.

Why is out of left field? You're seeing a therapist about the issues you're having. And that would involve any symptoms and any stresses you're currently experiencing. You'd say "And I've got a new job with new job duties, and I can't get a read on my new boss, and that's sort of freaking me out", right? Given that, saying "And I've been working on telling more people that I'm bisexual, but I'm still scared of how they might respond, and I'm paranoid that people are withdrawing from me when they find out" is in the same ballpark. "Here's what I'm going through."

>>>I've been asked "are you gay, straight, bisexual?" by my "pill doctor" Pychiatrist? Pyschologist? Idk the one that perscribes me pills. And I was in front of my mother about a year ago and replied "straight". In all honesty I wanted to reply with "does it matter?"

It matters for the reason I gave above. It can be another cause of stress. Next time, ask to see the therapist away from your parents, so you can talk freely. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. splattered

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    got it thanks guys

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2011 at 09:59 PM ----------

Yeah I just need to see my doc away from my parents like you said and just hopefully she will point me in the direction of a therapist that can deal with the issues I'm having thanks Lexington

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I second that :icon_bigg