1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just cant stop telling people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheWanderer, Jul 9, 2011.

1. TheWanderer

I am basically completely out now. YAY!!! The only people left are my parents and that will be after I move out. Heres the "problem" Since I have come out to just about everyone I cant seem to stop mentioning my being gay in random conversation. Its always been in a place that it ""fits" meaning Im not saying Im gay one someone mentions a poker game or something. I really just cant figure out why Im doing this. Honestly I couldnt care less who knows Im gay or not. Yet for some reason I cant help but mention it somewhere somehow. Thoughts???

O and since coming out I think everyone is gay. This bothers me too cause now Im hitting on straight guys..

2. ByoNexus

"I really just cant figure out why Im doing this. Honestly I couldnt care less who knows Im gay or not. Yet for some reason I cant help but mention it somewhere somehow."

Im thinking its caused by your excitement for being fully out. You been so used to NOT saying, that now that you can say it, your saying it more then you feel you need to. There's nothing wrong with that :slight_smile:

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

This seems to happen to some people, including me, right after they come out. Its like getting a new toy that you haven't been allowed to play with for years and then suddenly being able to play with it as much as you want. Its only normal that you are this excited. Same thing happens to people when they get their first boyfriend or girlfriend :slight_smile:

With time the whole "omg this is new and feels awesome" feeling goes away, though. Until then just keep an eye on it so it doesn't get out of hand and try to get all of your "gay" out with your close friends. That way you only get to annoy a couple of people at a time :grin:

Congrats on being completely out! :slight_smile:

4. Tristar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a corollary to this I have often found myself talking up being gay to those I've already come out to. Fortunately they have not yet called me on it ("can you please stop talking about being gay already...we know!!").

But no matter when you come out, I think it's probably pretty natural to wanna share as much as you can. Just be sure to be careful. Not everyone is receptive (says Captain Obvious :rolle:slight_smile:.

(!)

5. thedylan

hey I know this is a little out there and jim carey is making it way more than it should be but its for snl so look up jim carey overly confident gay guy on youtube and watch it there are like 2 and the only reason I say this is because what you said made me think of it, I am not saying your like this he just makes it really funny situation

6. TheWanderer

Thanks for the replies folks. Since I have posted this I have only blurted out once. I think Im beginning to hear what Im saying before it comes out. Luckilty everyone has been cool about it, all but my friend B. She has been out, loud, and proud for like 6 years now. And just last night she gave me the whole "k we get it"