1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does like one guy flirt with another? :$

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Urhm well im not quite sure how you'd speak to them lol, purely because of the fact that im totally used to flirting with girls and like i don't think you could talk to a guy in the same way..

This thread is stupid >_> sorry for askin' such a stupid question:icon_redf

2. kgmn

omg I totally know what you mean. this isn't stupid at all.

my dilemma is the guy i am flirting with isn't out of the closet ( I am just strongly assuming he is { or more fearfully fabricating it in my head that he is O_O } ) and neither am I.

we have known each other for a while now since we are both in theater together. he seems to be a touchy-feely person and likes grabbing your face, pecs, abs ect. but i dont really see him doing this to anyone else. to say the least we are giggly around each other.

when all hopes are up though he is actually very strait acting. he knows all the ins and outs of football and plays recreational hockey as well.

above all, when he made a facebook recently, he poked me. once again i didn't know how to read into that.

so overall, flirting is complicated since i don't really know how to act either ( since we only see in daily life and the media what works for guys/girls relationships). idk about you, but it is even more weird when you are skeptical about the whole situation as well ( being in the closet still on both ends of the spectrum)

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends really what you class as flirting and what they do. Some guys will do things you assume is flirting, but to them they're just being friendly. There is no real way to tell if a guy is flirting with you, which is why assuming they are flirting and taking it further can often have a rather big setback. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Though to answer your question, the most common ones are probably teasing, find excuses to touch you and generally being really happy around you (though that one can be very unreliable, so i don't recommend you use that as evidence a guy is flirting with you). You could bring girls up and see how they respond. :wink:

4. InaRut

Sorry for the off topic
    - CUTEST TITLE FOR A THREAD EVER!
    Okay now with that over with.

So from what I know...usually when I think of two guys flirting it's no different then flirting would be like with a girl. Just don't comment on the breast size or camel toe (not that you would anyways LOL).

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :lol: :eusa_clap

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Damn! Now All My Camel Toe Related Pick Up Lines Are Useless...

7. jroakwood

whenever im flirting.
    (but this is with a guy i know is gay)
    you might make little "jokes" about how cute/attractive he is.
    laugh/giggle alot at things they say.
    hahah. little winks/smiles.

when theyre gay you just kinda know when theyre flirting.
    but if you dont know about their sexuality its a little more difficult to know.
    even if they are flirting, you still dont know, they could just be playing with you... :frowning2:

8. emerald

I'm not one for flirting with guys, but I assume it's like flirting with girls.
    Just be natural about it, most people don't study how to flirt or anything, and just kind of go with it.
    There's just a lot of giggling and jokes about how they're hot. Some people do a lot of touching.
    And if you don't know that they're gay, if they're responding to this kind of thing in a good way, then they probably are.

9. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I agree that it's next to impossible to tell if a guy's flirting with you when you don't know his sexuality. A few years ago I thought a guy was flirting with me, he wasn't, and in the end it had some serious emotional ramifications for me (he was cool with my mistake, but, not to sound melodramatic, it kind of broke my heart).

But if it's you who wants to do the flirting, I guess just flirt with him like you would a girl, and make the occasional off-had comment to try and discern his sexuality (i.e. are you seeing anyone? what's your favorite movie? hopefully leading into hot actresses).

10. Evilmonkey

oh my god, what about the touchy- feely kinda cute guys that you dont know whether they are gay or straight!!! AAARRGGH!!! that drives me insane! i usually play back n just enjoy it.
    um, i reckon when wanting to flirt with guys who you dont know are gay or not; just test the waters first and see how they react. such examples are winking, playful taps n' slaps.. nipple cripples!?! ruffle his hair... see how far you can go! also connect on different levels, but try n keep it playful n fun, n see if he plays back