1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oahuboy702, Jul 10, 2011.

1. oahuboy702

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I need some advice guys. I have known this guy for like two weeks and we had talked off and on. Until last week Monday 4th of july. We have hanged out every single day. This past weekend he wanted to go to san Diego and LA so we went. He is 20 and has a son, I have nothing wrong with that. On Sat night when we tried to go to a club, but did not work out because it was a straight club they lied. We went and had sushi while we were eating he said that he really likes me. But on top of that he says he likes being single and he said he is not really ready for a relationship and in the mean time I'm falling for him. We have been calling eachother boo and bebe and we cuddle, we kiss and we have made love a couple of times. I'm just confused. He is nothing like the other guys I have seen or dated and I know I am different from the other guys that he has dated. What should I do. I guess what I am a afrade is of rejection and messing up what we have. While I writing this he is sleeping right next to me. Plz help me guys

2. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    If he isn't ready for a relationship, you're going to have to deal with that. He may change his mind in the near future, but he also may not. I would try simply talking to him about it. If you aren't okay with the situation as it is, the only other option I see is to tell him how you feel.

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

If you are looking for a relationship with him, and what you have is just not cutting in, then I would go ahead and talk to him about it. If he says that he isn't going to change his mind then the best thing for you to do, as hard as it sounds, is to try and start separating yourself from him.

Its definitely a tough situation to be in and you could stay with him with the hopes that one day he will change, but you are better off finding someone who wants the same things that you do rather than waiting for someone to catch up to you.

4. feelindown

feelindown Guest

i think just be upfront and say. hey i'm really enjoying spending time with you and ultimately if i found the right person i would want that to develop into a relationship. i can definitely see myself wanting us to further develop but i know you mentioned that you are not ready for a relationship. do you still feel that way? is this something that you may see down the road. i guess i'm just trying to be upfront because i dont want to start liking you really deeply and it wont go anywhere because we want two different things. what do you think...?

if he says that he understand where you are at but he still doesn't want a relationship right now.....then you have to accept that you will just be "hanging out buddies that have sex" and you have to be ok with that or just cut it off now before you get hurt.