1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a rant

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Just Adam, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Just Adam

I'll keep this as short as I can.

My sister since she started secondary school has been even more of a cow than usual.

She swears more and has started talking about boys and kids at school smoking etc. That's normal but has started calling everything gay and calling me gay and calling people puffs and lesbians.

She's even told her friend just this past Saturday I am gay ! While I was there. Now I can't go and deny it or it'll hurt coming out later to everyone but she is so annoying. She says Im gay as if it's a bad thing.

I thought this culture of calling stuff gay had died out it certainly did by time I left school 6 years ago.

Ok my sister is only 13 but it is frustrating to think this is normal and very upsetting my sister is like this and when I try to tell her to stop she calls me gay and infront of my father he says nothing and even laughs.

Truth is she as a daughter is atheist son as it were and child he had always wanted me to be. Loud brash and you stereotypical macho. I instead spent most of my childhood in and out of hospitals overweight. And always been a disappointment to him.

Luckily I don't live with them or it would be unbearable.

But this ain't about my dad this issues will come out again when I do. My beefs with my sister. Yea I said beef... I should stop watching Scott pilgrim I think 6 times in last week haha. Anyway it's frustrating as I see my sister going down a bad path as father and his wife smoke and drink and i can see her thinking it's cool to do them things and I've seen her friends half are idiots and the other are sluts in the making.

I'm at a loss.

It's constant face + palm = FML !

... And breath :bang:

2. technoddot

I couldn't follow parts of this rant... but....

It sounds like it might work to actually confirm to her you are indeed gay next time she calls you such (come out to her and the rest of the family), then explain that it's hurtful to call everything that moves "gay". Might get her to see the other view point there. If you've already tried explaining that, then perhaps making it real for her might actually get her to stop.

But... at age 13, she's likely just in a bratty stage, and it may back-fire on you, sadly. Proceed with caution.

3. Just Adam

Coming put not an option.

As for making sense. Im sorry, I rarely do bs rants aren't really meant to make sense I don't think it's more like meltdown moment.

I hope it's just a phase I just worry because nobody apart from me challenges her on it it will get in trouble down the line and could affect her life I she gets labeled as a homophobe.

I try talking to her but she never listens. I'm useless but I have some wisdom.

I'll just have to give her a dead arm next time she calls me gay. Perhaps pain is the treatment. Like a mouse and shock testing.

But who knows. I won't see her till cousins wedding next in 2 weeks.