1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you peeps go about coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theWorldisYours, Jul 11, 2011.

1. theWorldisYours

So I'm still in the process of coming out.

Not really looking for advice per say, just stories on the different ways you guys came out and maybe a few ideas.

I know that there is no wrong way to come out, but I just can't find the moment that's right for me to do it. I completely comfortable with myself, and I'm confident, but I guess not confident enough to just spit it out.

So give me some ideas, or tell me how you guys continued coming out after you got the ball rolling.

2. TheWanderer

Most of my coming outs were fit into regular conversation. Some of my co-workers just asked. After a few it became really easy. almost too easy.

3. Mogget

Let's see:

my doctor: he asked

my cousin: she brought up the subject of sexuality and I admitted I wasn't sure where mine lay

my friend R: was hitting on me and asked if I was into guys or girls

my dad, walked up to him, said, "I'm gay" and walked out, embarrassed

my friend B: he asked me who I liked and I changed the subject to avoid answering the question (had a major crush on him)

a whole host of friends: I sent e-mails

4. ByoNexus

I gave me Mom a Letter (Got the ball rolling, so to speak). Then told my brother, then move through my friends, starting with the ones I thought would be most accepting and working my way down the scale.
    Now, starting on my family. Same method as with my friends, I've told 2 cousins, who have had the best reaction so far (completely accepting) and will tell my other cousins, then my aunts & uncles.

My Final Step will be changing Fb status Interested in as a subtle way to Come out to the ppl at work.

That's the plan anyways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Foxywolf

Told my first friend by making her guess what I wanted to tell her.
    Told my mom by saying yes when she asked.
    Told my second friend by saying I was 'like' a lesbian character in a book.
    Told my teacher via letter.
    Told some more friends via conversation by saying 'I hope to find lots of hot lesbians in college' when talking about how there was no lesbians in our school.
    Told another friend by telling her what I had been afraid about half a year ago when it applied to the conversation.
    I think all the rest I will either treat it like everyone already knows, or I will work it into a conversation somehow.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sent a Facebook message to 2 of my best friends, and changed my relationship status. That's all so far.

7. 4alex6

Told two of my best friends in person and also got some advise from them. Then I told two more people on Facebook. Then I posted a status update today saying that I am bi.

8. Nodnarb

I sat my parents down and told them after they had been insisting that they felt something was wrong that I wasn't telling them (depression, drugs, I don't know what they were thinking it was...). I sent my roommates a message over Facebook, and I left a letter in my sister's bedroom for her to find. A couple friends I told via text or over the phone. And somewhere along the line I changed my Facebook "interested in". I guess I'm not good at in-person coming outs...

Once several people knew, word just kind of spread around to everybody else. I honestly don't know who all knows and doesn't know anymore.

9. The Dudeh

The Dudeh Guest

First one (my best friend) I typed it on a blank text message and showed her the phone. All the other three have been over IM, I know it's a bit silly but it was the easiest way for me and I often get 'urges' to tell someone and it's always when I'm not with my friends so yeah.

No clue how I'm going to tell anyone else.