1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bashed in a youtube video

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by roborama, Jul 11, 2011.

1. roborama

so i watch a lot of lgbt collabs and one of them happens to be run by i guess my ex best friend... heres the back story

we sort of had a thing and then i told her ex about it, and all hell broke loose. now a good fraction of my old friends arent speaking to me. my ex-friend, ill call her amy, has a tendency to over think and twist situations to the way she sees them so i dont know what everyone knows. (i dont want to bore you with all the inbetween stuff)

anyways.. i was watching her video of the week and she was saying a good place to meet girls is gsa and then another one of my ex friends (ill call him dan) lists me in a list of her exs from gsa. amy kind of freaks and then dan calls me a bitch and amy agrees.

mind you this is on an advice collab.

so i sent her a youtube message saying:
    yeahhh i do watch this thanks guys, dont really know what else to say. i know all you hate me but all of this is really ridiculous and petty drama. i dont hate you and i was never like plotting against you. much of this was one big coincidence that you have overanalyzed and spread around. i have no feelings for you but i am sorry for anything percieved or real that i did. i really am, and ive actually thought about it a lot lately. yeah mistake or not how things went down i do feel bad and i miss our friendship and the friendships of other people. things got blown way out of proportion and thats a great deal my fault. its just kind of low that i get brought up in a youtube video just saying

so how should i handle this?
    im starting my senior year in a month and a half and i want to have gsa still be a safe place for me even if i end up not being friends with this group.
    this all just really sucks

2. LovexGinger

Honestly I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly I hate people who make drama out of nothing. But it seems that they're pretty upset with whatever you did (I don't really understand the details.)

personally I'd tell 'em to shove it and deal with whatever I did. If they don't like you there is NO reason for you to bend over backwards to befriend them. They wanna be bitchy? Let 'em! All that matters is that you show them that you can't be picked on without a fight.

Hope I helped, not a lot of details to go with here.

Love ya,

Ian

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Realistically, what does it matter? It's one or two small-minded person's opinion, and anybody is going to judge you based on that isn't someone you want to be friends with anyway.

I know that it can be difficult but as you go through life, people say shit that's wrong or rude or inconsiderate, and at a certain point, you just have to learn to let it roll off. Otherwise, the drama will drive you crazy.