1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as transgendered help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by xJinxedFoolx, Jul 12, 2011.

1. xJinxedFoolx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've tried a million and one times to come out, and I've posted about 3 topics about this... But I just need help, I'm 14, have known I wasn't a girl since I was six. My mom's asked me, but the first time, when I wasn't exactly sure, and then the second time, we were barely speaking.

Now, please don't tell me to wait until I'm ready, I can't, I've gotten so depressed living as a female, that recently I've tried making myself happy and making people believe it.. Which has gotten me into a big heap of trouble..

Since I have done that, my mom has decided she want's to buy really girly clothes. And I just can't do that! It'd be wasting money, and it'd be horrible for me.

The thing that really I guess pushed me to it, was my mom had said (while throwing a bit of a fit,) 'I found 3 pairs of shorts, none of which I think you'll wear, even though you said you would.' So I get mad, and pick up the shorts she was talking about, and put them on, and she was done with her fit.
    And said, 'See, why can't you always be like that? Doesn't it feel nice?' I said, 'Yeah, kinda, I guess.'

And now I don't know what to do!! Help?

(For the record, she recently lost her job, we cant afford to let clothes go to waste. :|)

HELP!!! :bang: Please!

#1 xJinxedFoolx, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. thedylan

Your situation is hard to answer because I have read this like 4 times and was tryin to think what your questions are but lemme take a crack at it.

well tell your mom that you dont like those kind of clothes and tell her that you area tomboy, women often find its easier to be called a tomboy than trying to change things right away.

Tell her that jeans and a t shirt would suffice and they are cheaper.

Give her the facts that would appeal to her and make it about her not you, then she should be more accepting.

3. Mogget

I'd try contacting your local PFLAG chapter. They'll be able to direct you to resources you can use to help your mom understand what it means to be trans.