1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wellhidden, Jul 13, 2011.

1. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

OK I have dreams sometimes and they actually become into reality with and accuracy of roughly 10%. I do not believe in psychics or magic.
    Well I had a dream about a guy whom I have a crush comming out of the closet at our school. and well I dont know if i should act on this dream.

Uhh I kinda sound a bit crazy dont I? :confused:

2. KittyKat05

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, you DON'T sound crazy, unless we're crazy together.

I often have dreams, maybe once a week, that predict the future. Usually it's something really dumb like what someone is going to say on their facebook status or someone is going to call me and tell me something but they're always right. I've been like this since I was little, but they've heightened since I started becoming a Buddhist and meditating.

My advice though is to not act on it, especially if your accuracy is at a 10%. Watch his behavior, if he shows signs that he's perhaps gay than maybe act on it. Though school can be tricky and word travels fast. Plus, it could be your subconscious mind giving you closure for the reason you like him.

I'm not saying never act on it, but just pay attention to his behavior before you make a move.

3. littleoldme

this happens to me a lot freaks me out alittle good to know im not alone though.

4. KittyKat05

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We should make a psychic club on here hahaa.

5. littleoldme

haha yea pity i dont believe in psychics lol

6. I'm pretty sure that this is a cognitive failure or distortion. That's just psychology for the fact that you maybe learned some things you forgot and then thought that your dreams told the future, when really you already kind of knew it. That might not be it exactly, but there are a lot of psychological explanations for having "precognitive" dreams. A lot of people say that that, as well as "deja vu" are just weird memory things having to do with familiarity and recognition.

So basically, did you think before that this guy might be gay? Or that he might be coming out? You might have unconsciously picked up on something and then it showed up in your dreams. OR you could be dreaming about it because it's something that you think about or wish. That happens too.

But anyway, I hope for your sake he is coming out, though the surest way to know is to ask. :slight_smile:

7. wellhidden

wellhidden Guest

thanks for your help/ advice.
    i really apreciate it.