1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused with everything?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dMan3, Jul 14, 2011.

1. dMan3

dMan3 Guest

Girlfriend, guy friend, confusion?

The last time I posted on here I was asking for advice about a friend, but now it's something completely different. I was last in a relationship around January, and I ended it because she was getting a little obsessive after just a month of dating. Well you know how things change I started talking to this girl, one thing led to another, and we've been almost dating for a month. She's great. Great personality, very funny, attractive... everything I look for in a girl. Except one day I'll feel happy and the next not as happy with her? The guy I talked about last time, well we haven't talked in 3 days for whatever reason, I guess he's busy. But while she's thinking about me nonstop, I'm thinking about him and we we haven't talked? I'm even having dreams out of the blue of me and some different guy kissing? Last night I had a dream about being with friends, and all of a sudden they start calling me gay and a faggot? I didn't think much of it, but it's really making me think. She tells me she's falling for me each day and i feel the same way, I just have been ignoring the fact I find some dudes attractive. He hasn't texted me or started a conversation on Facebook like he normally does, and I'm literally going crazy thinking about this. A part of me wants him to jealous that I have a girlfriend and he doesn't, and I daydreamed that we kissed? I shook my head and just ignored it. I'm. So. Screwed :|

To refresh everyone's memory the guy I'm talking about, I think he's Bi or Gay.

#1 dMan3, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're happy with how the relationship is going - irrespective of this other guy - I'd say stick with it. It sounds like you might be getting a bit obsessive about the guy, in which case, it might be a good idea to take a break in any case. Stop contacting him for awhile, and focus on the relationship you've already got. Of course, if your full reason for having the relationship is to make the guy jealous and "confess his true feelings", then I'd say you know what you need to do.

Lex

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Lex.

The one thing I'd be cautious about is what you're really feeling inside. If you're still exploring yourself, it's possible you're bisexual and have a genuine attraction to both men and women. And I'm sure that she genuinely cares deeply about you.

But it's also possible that you are taking her strong feelings for you and letting them confuse or overwhelm your own inherent feelings/attractions. So what I'm saying is... you do owe it to yourself -- and to her -- to think about whether the feelings you have for her are as someone you want to date, have sex with, etc (i.e, a romantic girlfriend) vs. someone you simply enjoy hanging out with as a friend. It would be very, very easy to convince yourself that you genuinely love her romantically when you really only care about her as a friend and aren't interested in the romantic/sexual aspect of the relationship. If so, then she could end up really hurt. So I'd suggest thinking about that and deciding for yourself where your feelings are.

And as for the guy... I agree with Lex that you might be getting a little obsessive with him. :slight_smile:

4. dMan3

dMan3 Guest

I genuinely like her, as I've liked other girls before. I tend to let my mind wonder and I obsess about something until I do it. I know I'm getting too obsessive with thinking of him, but I don't understand why I am? Like I shouldn't care where's he's at, who he's talking to, or any of that stuff. And then she keeps asking me if I'm in this for love or sex? And I'd love to have sex with her, but I'm looking for more than that to. But with thinking about all of this, I feel like the dreams I'm having is something of my self conscious? I feel like I'm not giving her my complete 100% and that's not fair to her.