1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend won't talk to me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicNavi, Jul 16, 2011.

1. MusicNavi

MusicNavi Guest

So...
    I was dating this guy. Really sweet, very understanding, handsome, but slightly-needy guy. I really, really thought I could be straight for him, or at least bisexual. He knew I liked girls, and I knew I liked girls, I just didn't know how much.
    Fast forward to a year later, and I pretty much had a melt-down because I couldn't handle having sex with him anymore or doing anything sexual with him, because penis really freaks me out. No offense to anyone; they're just...they're really gross to me. I can't get into it. At all. And whenever we would have sex, I would fake it and hope it would be over soon.
    I guess I finally realized that I loved him as a friend, and that I really was gay - not bisexual, and not straight with exceptions.
    He actually took it pretty well and said he had been wondering if I was gay as well, and we're trying to do the friends thing, but it's hard and it's weird and awkward.
    That, and one of my friends, E, who I've known since I was 2, won't reply to any of my texts after I told her I broke up with my bf because I realized I was gay. Her brother R (who, btw, immediately responded to me and said he'd talk things out with me when he got back into town) told me through IM that she had been asking him about my break-up, saying she didn't understand and he'd tried to explain it to her, but she doesn't get why we broke up. And also that she doesn't "approve" but that she "still loves me."
    So she went to him and asked him all about it, but she wouldn't go to me, or even ask me if I was okay or how I was handling it or offered any kind of support or anything. I even asked her what the deal was, and how come she wasn't talking to me, and she still won't respond.
    I'm just confused and hurt. The three of us (me and the two siblings) have been close friends since forever, and even though another girl, T, who is part of this same close-knit group has also come out as a lesbian and even moved in with her girlfriend (she came out years ago), E still won't talk to me. She's accepted T, and been to her house and met the girlfriend and even thinks the girlfriend is really cool, but now she's ignoring me?
    And I can't help but feel this is somehow the fault of her christian boyfriend who is totally anti-gay. :dry:
    I have no idea what to do. I guess I thought our friendship was stronger than this...

2. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She is probably in shock and needs some time to sort things out it seems like. She obviously still cares about you because she is asking her brother about you. Give her some time and space and hopefully she will take it all in. You are still the same person, nothing has changed, and she needs to realize that. Good luck.