1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by thedylan, Jul 16, 2011.

1. thedylan

I want a bf really bad, I want to be held, and I want to be comforted. I want someone.

I am saying this because I went to dinner and a movie with my good friend and his gf well I got really bad 3rd wheel itis and i just want to end all of this pain of not being with anyone. Please if anyone knows how to fix this please advise me, but I mainly just wanted to get it out, I dont have anyone to talk to about this sorta thing here, but good news I am starting a GSA in my school

2. Mogget

Sure. Wanting/needing companionship is common to most people, especially when it seems like everyone else is paired off. There isn't a trick to getting/finding such a companion, but being out and meeting other gay people is a good start. Just pay attention, see if you click with someone, etc, etc. In the meantime, use your friends. Ideally, a bf should be a supplement to strong, existing friendships, not a replacement or substitute.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a boyfriend, or actively looking for one. The danger is in wanting one so bad that you'll willingly take the first available guy simply because "I don't want to be alone anymore". This makes you prime breeding ground for dysfunctional and/or using relationships, where a guy treats you lousy or cheats on you, but you put up with it because "at least it's better than being alone". Because it isn't. A good healthy relationship isn't two broken people who can't function on their own. It's two already-complete people who synergize into something even better when they're together. :slight_smile:

First move - work on yourself. Work on YOU loving you. Because the more you do, the easier it becomes for others to do so. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. coastgirl

That's good advice from Lex. I know how you feel with the third wheel - itis. It sucks doesn't it?

5. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree with Lex and Liam

Only when you truely LOVE yourself for who you are, are you be able to truely love someone special

6. Katelynn

I can sympathize thedylan, I really can. I really want to have a girlfriend that I can be with and cuddle with and just be myself with too...