1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over an ex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bibliophile, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Bibliophile

Anyone have some advice for getting over an ex? I have posted before about our relationship issues and we separated. Well its like just when I fee a tad better about the whole situation something reminds me of her and I am dropped back to the start. Like today I was doing ok but I run into her walking on another dudes arm that she says she is not dating even though he is her ex....that she left and cheated on to be with me. It was like a kick in the gut. I just want to be over her. Every time I get a little ahead something brings her to mind, a song, the sight of a pic of me and her among my photos, a friend asking about her or even the whiff of someones perfume that is similar to hers. I loved this girl for ten years getting over it isnt as simple as I would like. Any tips would be great. Thanks for listening.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's been ten years, it's gonna take longer. That's just the way it works. The only things that help are time, distance, and keeping busy. So keep working on the last two, and the first one will take care of the rest. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Eleanor Rigby

I don't have much to add to what Lex said, just some (*hug*) (*hug*). I know it's difficult at the moment, but time is your best ally. It can also help to have some friends to be with and to talk to when things are tough.

Take care of yourself (*hug*) Cécile