1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got more braces.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShebbsIsAwesome, Jul 17, 2011.

1. ShebbsIsAwesome

Okay, so I just got bottom braces on like yesterday or two days ago, and I already despise them. I didn't hate the tops as much, but these make me feel like I look absolutely horrible. My boyfriend is on a road trip for like another month, and I don't know how kissing is going to work... that's my main concern. The top braces are white, but the bottoms have a lot of silver around them, so they're really noticeable when I smile and stuff. But GAWRD kissing seems like it will be sooo annoying now, I just cant stand it, I hate them so much :\\\\ I honestly don't know what I expect you guys and girls to say, I just want to vent somewhere really... :dry::icon_sad:

Also didn't know where to post this, figured advice would be fine....

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had braces and I did not notice any difficulty at all kissing.

3. Fiddledeedee

I only just got my braces (top and bottom) off, but I can tell you that it does get much easier to manage. I spoke with the most horrible lisp for a week after I got each set on, but you get used to them. Since you didn't have any trouble kissing with the top ones on, the bottom ones shouldn't be a problem. I agree about them looking uglier, though; I think it is because your lower teeth are smaller so the brackets are closer.

4. CluelessMe

I dated a person with braces and we kissed a lot and there was no problem at all just be a confident kisser it makes it better

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had braces as well. You will get used to them. Kissing won't be a problem.

6. Ben

Ben

I had braces for about three years and I had to wear a retainer in the daytime for another year.

I didn't like them at first. Then I realised that braces are super cute. Now I miss my mouth bling. And they're barriers to nothing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. ShebbsIsAwesome

Okay, thank you so much guys :grin: Now I will just have to wait a month to see for myself. I hope ya'll are right...