1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused on what to do!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Crillen, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Crillen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    iPods are lame when they delete your post before you send them... Round two!

Hey, I know this is a lot of teenage superficial crap but I'm lost and need help for my situation. I've known I'm gay for awhile now. The reason why I have not come out IRL is because I cant bear to think what would happen if word got out in my last year of school. I want it to be enjoyable and not a living hell. I want to come out in college where I can be free. It is a bit of a shame I didn't realise this fantastic thing a year later.

I just find it harder to stay "in the closet" every day. It breaks my heart to have to lie, but I don't feel like I can trust anyone to keep it a secret. I have told two Internet friends and it's been amazing being able to talk to someone about things I never felt I could talk about to friends. I would love that in my own life.

My current situation is one that made me post because I feel I need to be very careful without outing myself by mistake. A friend, he doesn't know I know that he's gay. Apparently he is starting to like me because we have so much in common (eg big fans of Lady GaGa he really was so happy that I am a hardcore 'little monster' like him.) I'm just not interested, I'm not attracted to him and I'd be far too scared to have a relationship at home. My best female friend who told me that he liked me (also telling me he's gay before, hence more trust issues) and I was asking her to put him off the idea of fancying me or something. She said "well your not gay so why should it be a problem lol!?" I just loled' it off. I want to talk about that stuff about sexuality and stuff with him, it feels like he is starting to edge around it but I just can't do it without lying that I'm not gay and i dont know how to do that.

Appologies for the ramblings, but i need help!!

2. Shmoe

I think you should let the guy know you're not interested. It's not fair to string him along. Maybe you can talk about sexuality here? As far as I can see, The people here are friendly beyond belief, You're in good hands.

3. Jay

Jay

Yes, you should let the guy you're not interested. Don't provide any more details than that, just politely tell him that he is not someone you fancy but you appreciate his friendship a lot.

Now, to the bigger stuff: I think you're just going through very serious fear. Seems that your friend--the one that told you about the guy--is OK with having gay friends. That would be a good place to start. However, if you're afraid people will gossip about you, then I would advise you not to say anything (neither accept or deny, just laugh through their accusations) until you're in college.

In the meantime, you can always come here! :slight_smile: