1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chierro, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my best friend and I have two different groups of friends. His are just plain...strange. They're made fun of all the time and I'm guilty as charged. I love him to death because he's like a brother to me, but... I just don't think I'll be able to stand high school with not sitting with him at lunch. If I tell him straight up, he'll get pissed. If I don't, I'll be pissed at myself.

How am i supposed to tell him?

2. Shevanel

Why can't you sit with him at lunch?

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The people he sits with are complete freaks. The one guy wore a sweatshirt, a long sleeve shirt and skinny jeans on our field day. If I sit with them I'll be branded a loser and I don't wanna. Alex is my best friend and I wanna protect him but idk

4. Meropspusillus

Ever think that maybe they're perfectly nice people who just have weird fashion senses? If you don't want to sit with him because you're not willing to be "branded a loser" then you're not much of a friend. Get to know his friends for yourself, don't worry about silly social boundaries.

5. s5m1

This sounds like one of those times in your life when you will have to look deep inside yourself and ask who you really are and what is most important to you – your friendship with Alex or what other people think of you. Are you willing to sacrifice the love for a brother because other people may not like his friends? If so, perhaps you have some feelings about yourself that you need to think more about.

6. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know them, i grew up with one of them. Peer pressure is exceptionally hard on me since i have enemies with all of the popular people. Some of now I'm bi, and considering im a freshman. Not a great way to start off high school. We hang out a lot its just every year, lunch comes in between us and i hate it

7. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sure is tough.I'll give you credit for willing to stick up for your friend when needed and not wanting to be on the receiving end of bullying.All I know is that when my friend and I came to this crossroad in freshman year it tore me apart to see him hanging with my attackers.The one thing that comes to my mind is that,these popular friends that you have.How good of friends are they if they are willing to like you one moment,and turn on you when you want to hang with a "freak"? I know in high school you can basically never win half the time with what you choose to do as most of the people are willing to turn on you in a second and I don't blame you for fear of it. Just try to make the best decision that will be positive for all. Good Luck!!!!!!

8. KnightAssassin

As one of "those" kids who wears a t shirt with a tie jeans one day , then goth the next day , then a prep the next ....... i was branded as a loser for my first high school year . my senior year i was one of the top 10 know students and i had alot of friends . those are the kids who will be with you when you graduate . not those kids that worry about the brand of your clothes .

9. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But hes not with my attackers. Hes with freaky people. I dont want to see him get picked on, but idk. I just cant eat with them, ik thqt though

10. KnightAssassin

i meant it as i WAS THE FREAKY KID everyday i different you just have to pick . Your friend or "friend" Yes you may get picked on , but is it worth hiding who you are for now ?

11. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was talking to ilayis. Nd theyre just really strange. Theres proof that one even cuts himself. Id hate myself if i found out that alex did that. Hes like a lil brother to me

12. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well make sure he isn't and if you find out that he is harming himself or just doing anything irrational in your eyes talk with him and get to the issue that drives him to do it. Also,has he expressed problems with you not sitting with him? If not,I'd say then let him be with his friends and you with yours.

13. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alex is a goody two shoes, he wuldnt cut but i still worry. And my parents even flat out told me to stay away from the one guy. And he hasnt which kinda insults me

14. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just don't know how I would handle it if I found out that my brother fell in with the wrong crowd. Because...and im not tryin to insult anyone...but theyre like really weird. One cuts humself. One talks about wanting to...eff up girls who he could never get. One even got in trouble by our school by cyberstalking girls.