1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do most MtF transexuals look like girls?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LovexGinger, Jul 19, 2011.

1. LovexGinger

This one goes ou mainly to the transexuals of the club: After your surgery was the surgeon able to make you look unmistakeably like a girl or could you tell? Did you still look like a guy in drag?

I'm curious cause I want to know if getting the surgery down the line is worth it or if I should just be gay (fine but not appealing to me.) I'd like to hav a body that I enjoy being in and looking at.

2. Katelynn

I don't know & can't speak for eerybody, but I know that after HRT, so MtF women actually end up looking much more feminine than they started out as. On the reverse side, there are some transwomen who do have the surgery but do still have distinct male features. My understanding is that the longer in life one waits to start hormone replacement therapy, the harder it is for the body to begin changing into a more feminine look. If you look at my pics on my page, I think I look pretty feminine to start, but still have some male features. I really wish I hadn't waited as long in life sa I have before admitting to myself that I am female & need to correct what nature has done to me, but i also feel hopeful that I will look very feminine after having HRT. The surgery itself, GRS, is to replace the male genitalia with female genitalia, and really doesn't affect how much a woman will pass later on. My advice is if you know you're female, see a therapist to discuss how you feel. Even if you're unsure you should maybe even see a therapist to discuss how you feel & why. I know that when I have to wait where I am for an appointment, but speaking with a therapist is an extremely important & necessary step in transitioning. I don't honestly have all the answers, as I just came out here as a girl on EC at the end of June after trying to deal with this myself for 25 years, and I just came out to my friend a couple of days ago. Everyone including my friend has been amazingly supportive here & you'll find the same for yourself as well. If you want to talk with me about anything, please feel free to drop me a message & we'll chat about anything you want! And welcome to EC! (*hug*)

3. Daryn

Why are there eggs scrambling in the street?
    Try talking to a doctor who performs the surgeries. A lot of the time, it depends on how you look to begin with that shapes how feminine or masculine you can look.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

From what I know, most psychical changes come from Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and not the actual surgery. Except for top surgery.

The hormones will change a lot of things and will make you looks more feminine, but results change from person to person.

By law, you also have to talk to a therapist before you are "allowed" to get any type of surgery, so that should be your first step. They can also help you answer many questions about it all :slight_smile: