1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just some general questions about the transgendered lifestyle...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Olive, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Olive

If any of you read my thread a few weeks ago, I recently realized that I'm transgendered. I've been doing tons of research every chance I get and am planning on doing everything I can to become female. But, as with any realizations come. questions.

I do plan on seeing a therapist and doing HRT, and I've been wondering when most people transitioning start living that lifestyle? At what point do you start dressing as whatever you're transitioning into? I assume when you start getting the physical features, but I really have nothing more than a guess.

Actually, I guess that's the only question I have at the moment...

Any help is much appreciated!

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Not an expert by far, but I'll try to answer your question with that I know of the subject.

As far as I know, and from what my friends have told me, most therapists will have you start dressing as your desire gender a year or so before any type of surgery and sometimes even before starting HRT.

I will also say that you can start dressing however you like as early as you want.

I might be wrong, so I'm hoping one of our trans members can correct me if that's the case :slight_smile: