1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by paper person, Jul 20, 2011.

1. paper person

Back round. guy. recently came out as "liker of both sexes" to few, temporary freinds. age 17. feelings confused!

I recently came out to a group of supportive friends. i told them i had intersts in both guys and girls. However i do not want to use the term Bi. it feels like a label. i told them in a whim late at night, knowing that, altough great freinds, I would most likley never see them again being we were on a 3 week adventure trip in Ecuador. Afterwards I was naturally feeling confused and spoke to one I already told. He is gay and had told us this earliy on , so i thought it would be best to talk to somone with expereince. The talk only raised more questions.
    When it was just myself who knew, I was alright with it. Now that ive said it outloud and to other people, I'm confused and a bit scared. I would like to tell more people, but in theory i feel like im just telling people " I have brown hair." because i know its a part of me that can not change (I think). However reality is cruel and I'm not sure how my friends and family (open minded as they may be) would react. The gay freind is someone i could see in person again but I'm not sure how to approch him to just hang out let alone talk about this serious topic.
    My feeling about my sexualityy is already a tangled mess I'll solve later. My real question is how would i go about talking to someone who can be supportive, confirming and help me during this confusing time?

2. acd92

Since you said you'd like to talk about your sexuality another time, I'll leave it at that. However, you really have come to the right place to talk to supportive and confirming people; EC is such a wonderful resource that has helped me so much in my many times of trial and error, and it is still helping me now. Browse the site and the forums, and post a little bit- you'd be surprised at what you learn just from a month here! Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

3. TheWanderer

as acd92 said you have found a great place here at EC. In relation to this friend of yours, just make it very clear that you want to have supportive talks with him. Just be honest, ask questions, and always listen carefully to what someone might say. I mean that in 2 ways. Be receptive of the information/ advice given and be able to understand what is good and bad advice.

4. Bibliophile

Ok it seems you are really conflicted. I suggest you read the books Bi any other name and the Bisexuals guide to the universe. Both really helped me out. As for talking to a supportive person well just ask them to talk. Then maybe have something prewritten. Heck even your first post might make a good start. From there I am not sure but I an tired so I will try to think some more in the morning.