1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't Stop Thinking About Her

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bookworm43, Jul 21, 2011.

1. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

I'm sorry this is long...please read it!

Ok, so I have this friend, and she's...amazing. She's sensitive, caring, funny, quirky, and I can relate to her so much. When I say this, I mean, like, she actually understands me. Most people think I'm weird, and they don't follow my train of thought very well- but she does, and she actually GETS it.

And she's so caring- she actually shows that she has a heart. Whereas most people my age act untouchable and indifferent, she shows that she actually really cares about some people and somethings. For example, there's this boy in our grade, and he has autism. He's really quiet and shy, and a lot of the other jerks pick on him. This girl (I'll call her P)- I asked her about him, because I am new at our school and don't know everyone yet. She explained the whole thing to me, and how shy he is, so every time she sees him she waves and smiles at him, and tries to talk to him, but he always leaves.

In short, she's the most caring, kind person I've ever met, and I have a huge crush on her, and I think she may like me back, but I don't even know if she's gay. I plan on joining the GSA at my high school when the summer ends, so my friends may just ask me (I don't know if I'll tell them though...maybe). I at least wanna be out to her and my friends...I don't wanna lie anymore. But what should I do about P? I really wanna hang out with her more, and if nothing ever happens between us, I still just wanna be her friend. What should I do about all this??

2. LovexGinger

Hey!

Well, try getting her opinions on gays and lesbians first. See what she thi ms about it all, is she pro gay, a gay basher or something.

Girls are always more understanding than guys so it's not like telling your boys that you want to be a girl (like in my case). But she seems like a really awesome friend.

If you do tell her you want her to feel comfortable. Don't scoot up or show any signs of liking her. You want to take it slow and try forming it into a question or ask her for help. But really talking with a group of teens like you would he the way too go.

But try to get to know her better and if she asks don't lie. Tell her you are a lesbian and that you don't want it to effect your relationship. If she says she is gay then wow you are lucky. But really you want to prioritize and work on telling her first before saying you like her.

Hope I helped!

Good luck and lots of love,

Ian

(*hug*)

3. bookworm43

bookworm43 Guest

^ thank you, this is good advice. and did i mention a really awesome thing? wait for it.... she loves to read too!! *swoons*

4. Katelynn

I totally think waiting to tell her you like her as more than a friend is a good idea too. Just be yourself and hang out with her & spend time as friends together. ASk a few questions to see where is on & what she thinks of people who are gay, so you have an idea where you stand (say something like I have a friend who just told me she's gay, what would you do if somebody told you about this kind of thing & how would you react?) I think it might be a good idea to joing your GSA first & maybe get some advice from other people who may have already been in this situation. That way, you can take things slow & make a really good decision first before telling her that you're gay & that you like her. I hope what I've said makes a little sense... (*hug*)

5. Cantthinkofone

yeah I'm going to agree with the people above: see how she feels about LGBT people, then tell her you're gay and then you can tell her you like her. once you tell her you're gay you can then see whether or not she's straight and you can decide whether to tell her you like her. If you find out for certain she's straight then obviously it's futile but if she's gay/bi then by all means you should go for it!