1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling guy friends I want a sex change

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LovexGinger, Jul 21, 2011.

1. LovexGinger

Hey.

So, I have completed half of my goal to tell all my friends I want a sex change. All the girls I know I have told. Now I have to tell the guys.

Again this is aimed for transsexuals but anyone is free to answer.

First I wanna start with one, we will call him Adam.

Adam is a very gay friendly person and is friends with a few bisexual people. I wouldn't exactly trust him with my life but he's a good friend. He isn't the problem so he might be the first. How do I tell him without making him feel weird?

Second one we will call Blake

Blake and I were friends in math class last year and this year. He's a hockey player, funny and a nice guy. But I don't know his feelings towards gays. How do I tell him.

Third guy is John

Jon is a really cool guy (cute too but that's out of the question I'm afraid. :frowning2: ) and goes to my annual conference. We are friends on facebook but only see eachother annualy. He seems nice and I think he's more gay friendly but still neutral.

Corey: This guy is my best friend really. We wrestle together, play and talk a lot and hang out. But he isn't what I'd call gay friendly. He isn't a gay basher but I don't think he supports gays either. He's sort of...a biased neutral I would say. But he's my best friend and I don't want to lose him. I'll kick him to the curb if I have to but it'd hurt if I did.

Any idea how to tell these guys how I feel?

2. Olive

I can't offer any help, as I'm only out to one person and I'm not gay. Yet. If I do go through with HRT and SRS like I plan, I'll be lesbian.

So all I can say is maybe just bring it up casually in a conversation. Something about it is on TV, just say something.

3. Katelynn

I haven't come out to any of my guy friends yet either. Honestly, like 98% of my friends are women as I've always been more comfortable around other women. The only guy friends I have are from back in high school & I rarely ever see any of them anymore. In fact, my two best friends growing up live in Halifax, NS & in Brisbane, Australia, so I never see them anymore. I'm still coming to terms with it myself, but I'm also a lesbian, so I'm really not sure how I'm going to explain this to my two friends. At thus point, I'll probably come out to them well after HRT & possibly even after GRS, which might make it easier possibly for me...