1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend pregnant at 14. And I'm jealous??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LovexGinger, Jul 21, 2011.

1. LovexGinger

So I just found out that my friend is pregnant. Or might be.

And while all this is shocking I can't help but feel jealous of her.

I always knew I wanted a baby. I've dreamed about getting pregnant before and raising a family. But now it's a strong feeling and truthfully it's making me want to cry.

I want to have a baby and mother a child eventually. But being faced with the fact that I never will is...heart breaking.

Please help me.
    :tears: :tears: :tears:

#1 LovexGinger, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Katelynn

First of all, I know how you feel, my friend just had her baby & I'm still jealous. I actually went thru a period in my early 20s where I desperately wanted to be pregnant too. I still would love to be pregnant but science hasn't quite caught up yet. Still, there are options for girls like us to still become mothers. Adoption is an option. Another is to have sperm frozen & then later go thru in vitro fertilization using either a surrogate or your committed female partner. We can still become mothers!!! We do still have to deal with the disappointment of not being able to become pregnant, but at least there are options for becoming parents!!!

3. LovexGinger

while it's possible to become mothers I just really want a boy and me to have a baby. I want his and my genetics inside the baby and i want it to be mine.

But it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Science is close though...or so I've read and hoped.

I'd give it all up to have a baby.

4. RaeofLite

I'm sure if you find a partner in life, you could always try to find a lady willing to carry a baby to term with sperm from you and your partner, that way you could both sort've "have" a baby together. Or ask a friend?

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please forgive me Love, but I'm just slightly confused. Your gender says you're male so I'm curious why you talk as if you can have a baby. Or are you saying you're a man and wish you could mother a baby? Sorry I'm just a little confused and want to check.

6. LovexGinger

It says male-subject to change. I want to have a sex change and become a girl since I pretty much am a girl in spirit. Just not physically.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see. Sorry about that.

8. Mogget

My understanding is that a desire to be pregnant is common in transwomen. Our society sees motherhood and pregnancy as the hallmarks of what turns a girl into a woman, and it's easy to internalize that value judgment. But you don't have to bear a child to be a real woman, becoming a mature and wise person, gaining insight and strength, are far more important to womanhood than bearing a child.