1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sliding back into depression

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by littleoldme, Jul 22, 2011.

1. littleoldme

ummm so idk where to start but basically I've been struggling with depression since i was about 12 maybe even younger, i have been self harming since i was 13 and on and off engaging in disordered eating since about 15. but over the past 6 months i had been doing alot better i was getting on top of things was finding i was having alot more up days than down and i was just a whole lot more positive and had a lot more motivation in life.
    but then i started to question my sexuality and i feel like ive slowly slipped back and still continuing to slip more and more the deeper i look into my sexuality.
    i was just wondering if anyone had had a Similar problem and how they delt with it?

2. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

1) Your sexuality is a hard thing to handle, control, and overall come to terms with but it can also lead to new experiences, new people and friends, and most of all...love. Do not let it become the catalyst for depression for you.
    2) This saved my life....therapy. Find a place, asap. They will be the PHYSICAL ear to help you out. We’re here at EC but we are not there for you physically, only cyberally (is that even a word?). You need the physical person to talk to. You’re 17 so that means because you’re a teen you’re sure to find a place that can counsel you. Secondly, because of your age and sexuality questioning I’m sure you can find a counselling centre that will help you for free. I don’t know where you’re from but seek counselling. They, as I’ve said, are the physical ear and the physical shoulder to cry on. But, your spirit will be lightened and unburdened when you speak with someone...face to face...trust me... <3 HUGGAGE! :grin:

3. littleoldme

ive been to see counsellors before and have not found them very helpful i have felt very judged and things bye them im not good at talking and when i am pushed to talk (like i was with them) i find i close off even more and it just didnt help me in the end i found myself lying just so i wouldnt have to go see them anymore...

4. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Don’t lie. Judge you? They don’t pay your fucking bills. They are not there to hurt you. They are there for you. YOU pay their bills. You owe them nothing but you owe yourself EVERYTHING! You have to open up. If you don’t it will eat at you because it stews when closed up inside. Some people say meds might help you. Maybe they will. But seek professional advice before you do. :slight_smile: