1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to figure out what i really am

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Albertal, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Albertal

i'm going to say something
    maybe it sounds stupid, but it makes me start to think that perhaps i'm gay.

if i say i love penis more than vagina, does it mean that i'm gay?
    i love other parts of female body, but i don't really appreciate vagina(though some men regard it the sexiest part of female):icon_sad:

am i gay?

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The Kinsey Scale is a scale for a reason. If both men and women turn you on, you are probably bisexual; leaning towards one more than the other doesn't make it untrue. Rhetorical question: If you liked vagina more than penis but still liked men, would you consider yourself straight? Probably not.

If you were to say "I'm not aroused by any parts of the female body", that would make you gay.

3. LovexGinger

Hey.

No, i don't think you're gay. But your definitley bi. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Albertal

but what if i think i will never have sex with a girl????

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have no interest in having sex with a girl but do have interest in sex with a guy, you're most likely gay.

People confuse sexual attraction with finding something nice looking. A guy who is the gayest person ever can still see that a female is attractive; he just won't want to have sex with her. So if that's what you're feeling, then you're gay.

Likewise, as we are going through the process of accepting being gay, denial is part of that process, and during the denial phase, guys will absolutely convince themselves that they really do like girls too... even though they really don't, at least not sexually. So if you find that happening, it's very possible that's simply denial at work.

So most likely you're gay or on the gay side of bi, but the truth will become more clear as you give it time.

6. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    In my experience, this is one of the biggest problems I've had. It is hard to tell them apart sometimes, and that leads to massive confusion and frustration.

One way to look at it- kittens are adorable, right? Or puppies, if that's your preference. You may see an adorable kitten /puppy, one so cute you just want to give it a big squeezey hug... but that doesn't mean you want to have sex with it.

So even if you like girls, you may need to figure out just how much you like them. Same for guys.

If you like penises, but not vaginas, you might be gay. But if you like other parts of the famale body (breasts, for instance) you may be bisexual, possibly with a preference.

7. KaotikPrincess

Actually in my experience, most guys think the sexiest attribute on a woman are their breasts lol, they just like the thought of a vagina and the feeling of being inside of it! I think it would be safe to consider yourself gay, especially if you absolutely do not have the desire to have sex with women, even if you are somewhat attracted to them, that's normal :grin:

8. FloatingPiano

I would say you could still definitely be bisexual and just prefer boys to girls. But the fact that you don't think you will ever have sex with a woman, it would be okay to consider the fact you could be just gay. You can still appreciate that a woman is good looking and not have any sexual desire to be with them in that way. :slight_smile: