1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An ex problem?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Holliepop, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    - Just to let you know before hand, I was not present in the events I'm about to explain, neither was my boyfriend. I know this information because a friend of my boyfriend and I who WAS present told us. -

So a bunch of people I know went clubbing last night, and everyone got really drunk. Especially one guy who I know as he's my boyfriend's ex-boyfriend. According to this friend who was present, he began to talk about how horny he was and how he wanted to call my boyfriend. Apparantly, he then went into great detail about what he would do to my boyfriend sexually, until his friends had to tell him to shut up, because not only was it explicit, but he was also showing himself up.

To be honest, I find it quite funny, and flattering that people fancy my boyfriend (makes me think I've obviously made the right choice with being him, not that I ever doubted that), but it also kind of makes me a little worried; does this guy still have feelings for my boyfriend? Or, was he just really drunk and not know what he was saying?

People say 'Drunk words speak of sober thoughts' so. Weird thing is, he dumped my boyfriend, so I know that my boyfriend still liked him when the breaking up occured, I also know that he was really upset when it happened because he really liked him.

I know that my boyfriend isn't going to run off with him or anything, or at least I hope not anyway. I do trust him. But what I'm really asking for here is should I talk to his ex? or talk to my boyfriend about how he feels about it? He knows, but we didn't really talk about it because he seemed like avoiding the subject. I dunno. Should I feel threatened/intimidated?

Thanks for reading. :3 x

2. LovexGinger

Hey

Well if that were my boyfriend I wouldn't be intimidated. I'd be flattered (like you).

So no, don't be intimidated or threatened. Drunk words speak sober thoughts but sometimes thoughts are just temporary. He may have wanted to tear your boyfriend to pieces in sex but that's just him dreaming and being a guy. Thinking about sex all the time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

However, if you feel threatened by this then sit down and talk it over with your boyfriend. Tell him what was said and how you feel. He will listen to you and you two can work it out like a couple. :slight_smile:

hope I helped!

Ian

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feed the llama. This guy was being obnoxious, and it sounds like everyone thought so. You weren't even there, so I wouldn't even spend any time thinking about it. :slight_smile:

Years before he met me, my partner spent the night (sexually) with a straight guy. And to this day, this guy LOVES to brag about it. I've only met the guy twice (he lives 2000 miles away), and both times he brought it up, and discussed it in detail. The second time was at a huge party with a bunch of my and my partner's friends...and this guy announced to everybody that "I gave (my partner) the best night he ever had". You know what? Nobody believed him. Least of all me. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thankyou for the response guys. :slight_smile: When my friend told me I really didn't know what to do; laugh or get annoyed.

Hmm, well me or my boyfriend weren't there, so I don't know why he would say it to 'brag'.

I hope you're right though, I don't really want him to have feelings for my boyfriend, because then I want to say "Well why did you dump him then? He really liked you and you hurt him."

I think I won't. It may be also because my boyfriend has moved on and has been dating me for a long time, whereas this guy hasn't dated anyone since, so maybe he's just thinking of the last person he had a sexual experience with. Though, he may have had hook ups after then, I don't know. xD

But thankyou both anyway, you've made me feel a lot better about this. :slight_smile:

5. Tracy Lord

>my boyfriend has moved on and has been dating me for a long time, whereas this guy hasn't dated anyone since

I think there's your explanation right there....