1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Dream

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ijustdontknow90, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ijustdontknow90

So, I've made a lot of really good progress towards self-acceptance in the past few weeks (I'm leaning towards "mostly gay" at this point, if I had to choose a label). But then, a few nights ago, I got hit with this strange dream. I usually don't buy into dreams meaning anything, but I can't stop thinking about this one.

Anyway, in the dream, I was telling my ex-girlfriend (who I was in love with and would have married if she hadn't broken up with me) that I was gay. Her reaction was absolutely horrible. However, the dream kept switching between her reaction of me being gay and me and her hooking up.

Again, usually I think dismiss dreams (and think they're random neurons firing in your sleep), but I just can't get this one out of my mind. The weeks of progress were shattered overnight (literally) and now I'm really scared to come out again. I think that since I had accepted myself, I thought that others would automatically accept me too. I have a really understanding, liberal family, so I'm fairly confident that it will be no problem for them. But, maybe I was just too optimistic that people would accept me, and now I'm getting scared again.

I honestly don't know why I even made this thread. I don't know what other people can tell me, but I just needed to get this off my chest. I feel better now.

2. LovexGinger

Hey

I think that this dream shouldn't effect your coming out. You should still be determined to tell people that you're gay/bi whichever you chose. Don't be scared, it's always a gamble with telling others.

Hope I helped,

Ian