1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Thanksgiving- so long my friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tim C, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Tim C

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving as I bow out on posting on this board.

There are some wonderful older posters here- and probably all of them understand the specific problems associated with being gay better than I do- so I'm certain that I won't be missed around here at all. But I've done my best to present my thoughts and opinions and to share my perspective with the hope that it might be useful and profitable to some of you here. I've done that and really feel like from here on out I'd just be repeating myself.

I know I've rubbed a few of you the wrong way and I also realize that my writing style is more lecturing than conversational. I tried changing it a few years back but this is the way I write best. To those I've offended- my most sincere apologies. I know my blunt style can be pretty confrontational but I genuinely believe that discussion and debate are the starting points of true understanding.

Good luck to everyone of you!! I wish you peace, success and happiness. I hope you'll be healthy in body, mind and spirit- that you'll have wonderful relationships- but more than anything else- I hope you learn to like and accept yourself.

Being gay or lesbian is a challenge you'll have to deal with. But the word human is a synonym for being constantly challenged. Life's tough on everybody and often the challenges are what shape us into strong, wonderful people. :eusa_danc

Tim

2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :grin:. I really wish you didn't have to leave =[. But if you feel you've done all you can then that's great. I'm sure many have enjoyed having you here and your posts are very helpful. We always have them to refer to if we need to.

3. biisme

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you feel like you've done all you can. I hope you have a good life.

Peace to you.

4. panda

Your thoughtful posts will be missed.

5. Nicknikko

what's going on? why are you leaving?
    i felt the same way as you do... and i did left for like few months but then i realized how much i missed everyone here. I hope you comeback sometime ...

I'll miss you [even though i don't know you]

ttyl
    Nico

6. xxAngelOnFirexx

Thanks for all of your advice. I really appreciate you taking your time to come here and post.

7. davo-man

I also really appreciate the time that you took to write such thoughtful and interesting posts. I enjoyed reading them. Have a Happy I hope one day you'll come back to say hey and see how everyone's going. Thanks for taking the time to impart your knowledge

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Tim still has much to offer so I hope he reconsiders.

9. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Tim...I hope you reconsider. You can never reach a point where you've given your all. There's always someone who needs something.

Hope you come back. :icon_bigg

10. Louise

Bye, bye, thank you for taking the time to post here I think it has been very useful. Thank you for replying to my PMs and making me think:icon_bigg

Your views and opinions will be missed, even if people didn't agree, they were certainly thought provoking and added a new dimension.

11. TriBi

I agree with most of the sentiments expressed.

We don't all have the same perspectives, values or opinions - hey...that's what life is all about.

EC is for everyone who wants to be here...and you HAVE made a valued contribution - and I hope you continue to do so.

Your work here will be done when you agree with everyone else...and I really DON'T see that being the case...:wink:

Please "agree to disagree" where necessary - but keep posting your viewpoint - there will probably always be a place for that.

12. Jim1454

Have a great holiday Tim. You're welcome back any time!

13. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Tim, Hope you will reconsider as I have found your advice and commentary to be rather good and it is helpful to even those who don't agree with you to consider. Not all of us have a perspective that will fit all things, so having many from different walks and angles of life is important.

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving and holiday season. Best wishes and thoughts on whatever you decide and wherever you go.