1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I cut him out of my life?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by EnglishTeenS, Jul 25, 2011.

1. EnglishTeenS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, nothing too depressing or whiny I am just stumped on what to do about this situation I am in.

I went on a chatroom about a month ago and this guy added me on msn, nothing major I know but his personal message read "Love you <3 ____" Girlfriends name, so I knew I wasn't expecting anything more than a hook up at best. (I'm young incase anyone judges :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Basically we have been talking and texting for about a month and i'm starting to feel really guilty towards his girlfriend. He sends me texts when he is having sex with her etc and basically say he is picturing me. Charming, I know haha! He lives the other side of the country and basically planned to get a hotel in the capital one weekend ... this is where it gets tricky :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

However, he is going away in the USA for 7 months, We basically agreed to hook up after he comes back from the job and I don't think I could handle the guilt to be honest. He has cheated on her a LOT with males and females and for some reason seems to brag to me about it, so I know the estimated number of how many he has slept with. Whilst his girlfriend seems to be the loving, commited and devoted person, they've been together for four years :/

The way I see it, I have 3 options.
    A - Delete his number, emails and instant messaging
    B - Don't speak till he comes back, do the deed and never speak unless we're near each other
    C - Try and convince him to tell his girlfriend/Tell her myself (Like 1% gonna happen haha)

Any advice? Please?

2. DoriaN

idc who you are, cheating is vile.

Just because you want sex you shouldn't betray his gf and you should show respect.

Afterall, what would YOU want if you were his gf? Would you want to be told, or to be in ignorant bliss until that hurtful day eventually rears it's ugly head?

You can either do it the cowards way and avoid all contact, or to do the right thing and confront him about it.

Guilt is there for a reason, you already know what you should do.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he is sendsing texts while having sex and she isn't noticing?

If you can't handle the guilt then you should cut him out of your life.
    1. you'll be leading him on if you persist
    2. it isn't fair to his GF that he is having this scret life behind her back

and.....really she doesn't notice him texting during sex?

4. EnglishTeenS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I guess so, apparently she didn't. Then again I can't really trust him :/

After typing this post I think I am gonna delete him, probably better fr myself and his girlfriend.

5. Mogget

Yeah, you don't want to get involved with someone who's a serial cheater.

6. KaotikPrincess

Well if he does this with other people then if you just stop talking to him he will just find someone else and keep betraying his gf. I think that you should figure out a way to inform her of her boyfriends intentions with you and what he has told you about his past cheat partners. She will be heartbroken and she might be upset with you but it's the most respectful thing to do. Then you can discontinue all contact with the scum.

7. acorn7

Cheating is bad enough, this is just so wrong! Texts during sex, really?

Do not become his partner in crime :wink: Seems like getting away is the only option. And poor girlfriend... Hopefully she'll get out of there too.

8. bryan176

I would confront him about it, you don't want to be in a relationship where he might and do that to you would you. Just tell him that he's a great guy but you do not feel comfortable doing this while he is in a relationship with someone else.

9. feelindown

feelindown Guest

cut him off like a pair of scissors.

10. Yeah, you should cut him out. It sounds like no matter what you do with this guy, whether it's hooking up or just talking about it, you're going to feel guilty about it. If that's the case then you should tell him you don't want to do this and delete his information.

If you're doing something you don't feel good about, don't keep doing it, especially not just to get laid. It won't make you feel better.

11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This guy sounds like an asshole.

12. Colton

If you were the girlfriend, would you want someone to tell you your boyfriend cheats on you a lot?

I know would....

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think you should cut him out, and this period of him being away for 7 months is an ideal time to do it. You can't do anything about how he treats his girlfriend, you don't know her at all and you hardly know him, it's not your problem. He does sound like a nasty dishonest individual who is not to be trusted though, so get rid of him. You deserve much better.